Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

New HID's

Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough
Default New HID's

Finally got my HID's and got them put in.
DRL's are low beams, put HID's in the highs.

in the bottom picture have halogen in passenger side, and hid in the driver side.

Now just to order up another kit to throw in the low beams

which leads to a question, does anyone run dual HID's with Quadbeam?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I will be!
Your DRL's are low beam?!
I see you took that pic last night lol... hmmm 8000K HID's?!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:16 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Could I ask where you purchased them?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran

I will be!
Your DRL's are low beam?!
I see you took that pic last night lol... hmmm 8000K HID's?!

8000K HID on right, Sylvania Super White on left

Attached Thumbnails New HID's-100_0671.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I run dual HID's with quadbeam

they work great other than the DLR's are then both the highs and lows at half power, which is terrible for HID's. So i put a piece of tape over the light sensor and my low beams act as DRL's

Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 AM

Correct Rotti my low beams are my DRL's (i still have yet to get to the bottom of which models have high beam drls and which have low beams, and why). How is your DRL mod coming along? once we get some more snow might have to go hit some trails! (not deep enough yet i have to stick to driving through the snowplow mounds for now).

they are 6000k though, in the other picture is 6000k on the right and just oem on the left, and yes last night, didnt get them put in until night because i was out having way to much fun in the snow , the snow always reminds me of how much i love RWD.

I got them from HIDEXTRA, actually from Wlorton who gets them through HIDextra.

I have the low beam set on its way now, so i will have quadbeam HID's now, i ran a wire to the dash and put a switch in and then grounded it behind the dash just so i have a little bit of control over the quads.

Rotti, what driving lights did you put in again? my crappy princess auto lights on the bull bar have completly crapped out (im surprised they lasted 4 years)............................................ .ok nevermind i just read your sig...DUH..where did you pick them up from? what type of bulb do they use?....benedict what type of lights do you have?

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-20-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 AM
BF Veteran

They looked liked mine, blueish but lighter, like the 8000K's I have as they were burninng in, thats all.
I have the 5000K's for the high beams but I have to do the quad beam with it on a relay so I have control.
& all are from HIDextra & wtg Will (good guy on here), if not just because of the price the warrenty kicks ***!

I'm drunk & going to bed... rough day at work & a chillaxin night... lol I know a few can conquer & I quote: "Dear snow, please F O, thanks" <--- sisk has to move, he doesn't like the snow right now & only WHAT, 22 days to pack or something??
All the best of luck to you man. Conquer!

what was this OP about? lol... Benidicts ride is sweet!, IMO taller would be better but he has a lot of (ready for this?) schiznet with his ride... cudos! VN ride

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-20-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: I'm off to give my pillow some head
Old 11-20-2010, 01:05 AM

ahaha, ya, the advantages to having your low beams as drls...lol and i just need to decide on some new lights to throw in before i header out to bc for the summer....(pumped to hit up some trails out there)...and ya the warranty is pretty wicked...first set i came in either both bulbs or both ballasts were screwed, went through tech help then warranty and had a brand new kit show up faster than the first kit arrived (after i spend about an hour trying every possible combination of polarity ballast fuse bulb etc. thinking that i just cant figure it out for some reason. haha).

Old 11-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the 96+:
ZR2 == Low Beam DRL @ full power - parallel (normal) operation
Non-ZR2 == High Beam DRL @ half power - series operation

Old 11-20-2010, 02:07 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the zr2's make so much more sense

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New HID's