Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

New Roof lights and made use of the old ones

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default New Roof lights and made use of the old ones

well I got 2 of these lights for my bull bar but I liked them so much that I bought 4 more for the roof. These things are so bright, haven't had a chance to see what the roof ones do in the dark yet. the ones on the bull bar overpowered my HIDs so they are pretty good. I used the old roof lights as some reverse lights. didn't hook those up yet. I was getting to cold out. I need to paint the roof lights too can't stand the chrome. It was a little too cold today to paint them. I wanted to put them on so bad so I just did it. haha here is some pics, enjoy

the light to the right isn't any dimmer than the others it just looks like it

Edit: here is what they look like after I painted them and put the tire on the roof. I think with the tire up there they fit in better

Last edited by Benedict1337; 03-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

What kinda lights are they? They look good

Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

those look sick! I aggree, the chrome looks like crap. Is your bull bar made for blazers or is it custom?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran

they are called "blazer baha offroad lights" I'm guessing they are KC knockoffs but they were a hell of a lot cheaper I got all 6 for $120 I could have gotten a pair of KC's for that. and I got the bull bar off of ebay for $150 just search chevy blazer bull bars you'll find it

Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Not really a fan of round lights...but those kind of work on your truck. I like how they match the bull bar ones. I'm pretty happy with Blazer brand lights. They're cheap, and work just as good at the KC or Hella brands. Blazer are the brand I have on my truck. They're extremely bright too.
Post up pics once you de-chromify them. I hate chrome too, so it will look soo much better!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:18 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you run your wires? I got 2 lights that i want to put on the top just have no idea on how to run wires. i want it to look really clean.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

looks good

you had me excited, i thought i was gonna see another clearance light thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran

I'm planning on putting my tire on the roof so hopefully that will get rid of the awkwardness of the round lights. I thought about clearance lights but I think they wouldn't go good with the roof lights. Went and spotted some deer with them. 10 times brighter than my old ones. you can't even see my HIDs its crazy.

With the wiring it run it from the battery through the firewall where I had my amp wires run and then I just ran then underneath the weather stripping up to the roof and drilled a small hole and ran it thou the roof rack. on the passenger side but I guess it doesn't matter too much about what side. just make sure it is under the weather stripping because if you put it in or over top the weather stripping it will leak... other than that its not really hard.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

lookin' good!

wonder how well those roof lights would work for the idiot in front of you that won't move over!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Must agree, chrome's gotta go.

Quick Reply: New Roof lights and made use of the old ones