Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No head light power

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Carollo90 is on a distinguished road
Default No head light power

I have a 03 Chevy blazer my head lights went out when I turn my lights on my brights symbol come up but none of my front lights come on

Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Do the (inside bulbs) DRL's, (daytime running lights) work? Did you check the bulbs? Do the (outside bulbs) low beams work?

Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Do the (inside bulbs) DRL's, (daytime running lights) work? Did you check the bulbs? Do the (outside bulbs) low beams work?
The inside lights work none of my lights work on the outside not even my drls

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

With the Key ON & headlamp switch ON, remove all 4 headlamp bulbs & check for battery voltage & ground at each headlamp socket. With the headlamp dimmer switch in the low beam position, check the outer sockets. With the headlamp dimmer switch in the high beam position, check the inner sockets. Use a test light or voltmeter. Post your results.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 AM

With the Key ON & headlamp switch ON, remove all 4 headlamp bulbs & check for battery voltage & ground at each headlamp socket. With the headlamp dimmer switch in the low beam position, check the outer sockets. With the headlamp dimmer switch in the high beam position, check the inner sockets. Use a test light or voltmeter. Post your results.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 AM
95blaze2dr is on a distinguished road
Default 95blaze2dr

Check your fuses. If it is bad and you replace it and it blows after lights are turned on again, you may have a rodent removing coating off wires, causing them to arc together. Or maybe it ate right through light power wire all together. I've seen it happen once. Look for rodent nest up in corners uner hood.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 AM

I tried doing that but my head lamps won't come out of high beam but yet none of my high beam light work when it's on

Old 04-07-2012, 08:06 AM

When you click the dimmer switch, does the high beam headlamp symbol on the dash go on and off?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 AM
95blaze2dr is on a distinguished road

Maybe your ground wire from battery to body came off.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM

When you click the dimmer switch, does the high beam headlamp symbol on the dash go on and off?
The high beam symbol is always on When I turn the high beam off

Quick Reply: No head light power