Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No low beam lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Starting Member
mdawg is on a distinguished road
Default No low beam lights

I have a 2000 blazer, the low beams don't work and DRL either, High beams, park lights, turn signal all work fine, I replaced the turn signal switch and DRL relay, any ideas, thanks for the help.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Regular blazer or ZR2?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Starting Member
mdawg is on a distinguished road

Regular blazer, also headlight switch was replaced

Old 12-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check this out:

If you have already checked the headlamp power relay and the headlamp grounding relay for proper operation and that they both are putting power/ground to the respective wiring, then the only other thing would be the dimmer switch portion of the multifunction switch. But I would inspect the headlamp grounding relay which is located in the body relay block up under the driver side dash.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
bajabound is on a distinguished road

same problem here on my 94 full size- only have the hi beams. replaced the headlight switch, bulbs look good... if it helps sort it out I also have no wipers so I'm thinking it's the MFS. I looked for the replacement how to here, but nada. Help?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 PM
bajabound is on a distinguished road

OK I'll ask again...

Does anyone or can a moderator please put up a wiring diagram as above for a 94 fullsize? Changed out the headlight and dimmer switches, now looking at replacing the multifunction switch seeing as the low beams, wiper, washer pump and cruise are all out.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bajabound
OK I'll ask again...

Does anyone or can a moderator please put up a wiring diagram as above for a 94 fullsize? Changed out the headlight and dimmer switches, now looking at replacing the multifunction switch seeing as the low beams, wiper, washer pump and cruise are all out.
my suggestion to you is to make your own thread rather than try to piggy back off someone elses thread.

His truck is a 2000, yours is a 94, two different trucks, different wiring diagrams

Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Administrator

same problem here on my 94 full size- only have the hi beams. replaced the headlight switch, bulbs look good... if it helps sort it out I also have no wipers so I'm thinking it's the MFS. I looked for the replacement how to here, but nada. Help?
If they are all out, have you checked the fuses? Connections at the multifunction switch?

OK I'll ask again...

I don't see where you asked for a diagram to begin with, but you might want to invest in a good (factory) service manual and wiring diagram book set if you want to be doing these types of repairs. They pop up on eBay from time to time. You are looking for the Light Duty Truck Unit Repair Manual & the C/K Truck Factory Service Manual. Or you may just want to put the $30 or so dollars into an AlldataDIY.com account.

As stated, you have only posted in other people's threads rather than posting a thread of your own in the appropriate area.

As far as the diagrams go, you have to list more information about your truck to get the appropriate diagrams. Do you have composite or sealed beam headlights? Do you have fog lamps? Do you have daytime running lights?