Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No right side lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 AM
etondaddy is on a distinguished road
Default No right side lights

98 blazer no right side turn single four ways or brake lights, flasher blinks reel fast on right side turn , but is ok on four ways. help

Mike Kozura

Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A fast flashing flasher module is an indication that you have one or more bulbs out. Have you swapped in known working bulbs into all of the locations on the right side?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 AM

No.... I had one good bulb and I put it in with the other socket empty....was going to take the known good bulbs out of the left side and try but ran out of time...... checked for power in empty sockeks and found none.

Mike Kozura

Old 08-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked the fuses? There is a fuse for both the front & rear turn signals in the underhood fuse box. Fuse 13 is for the front right side turn signal & fuse 16 is for the rear right side turn signals & brake lights.

THIS POST has the schematic for your exterior lights in it.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 AM

Checked them and I think they were good but will double check 16 after work. I got all kind of wiring problems with this thing.....windows, locks, raido, four wheel drive switch, got all working now except four wheel drive switch and right side lights. It started with the power windows not working then went to power locks clicking on and off going down the road... dome light staying on horn blowing.....tapped into right side tail light a long time ago for trailer plug right side brake lights and turn signal and ground....need to maybe disconect that and see....just need time to mess with it...thanks I'll take all the help I can get

Mike Kozura

Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

The wiring diagram in the thread I linked to should really help with the troubleshooting. There is nothing fun about troubleshooting wiring issues. You just have to dig in and start at one end, working your way back through the system. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 AM

Thanks that's the diagram I was looking for......I'll let you know. Thanks again

Mike Kozura