Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Outside and inside lights went out while driving????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:48 AM
MyBlazerSucks is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Outside and inside lights went out while driving????

Let me just start out by saying, I know practically nothing about cars and my husband is learning slowly, but surely.

Okay so we bought our blazer in February and have had so many problems with it since then. After our waterpump debacle things seem to have been okay. Until a week ago. I was driving uptown and the steering wheel locked up. Luckily I was 2 blocks away from Autozone so I pulled in. Turns out one of the pulleys locked up and the serpentine belt snapped.

Well I had it towed home and my hubby replaced the pully and the belt and that was that. The other night he bought some new headlights. When he went to put them on, he noticed that only one was bright and the other was very dim. It was when he was putting the battery back in he noticed he could literally squeeze the battery and it felt sort of squishy. The next morning I went and bought a new battery. Problem solved right??? Not hardly.

My husband went uptown to Walmart just a bit ago, and on the way he said all the interior lights went out along with the radio. The headlights went out too. I asked him if that had ever happened before and he told me no but he did notice when he was pulling out of the driveway that everything flickered, but then came back on. I have been trying to read on these forums to find a possible cause.

This blazer is driving me nuts! Please help! Thanks!

ALSO I read it could be the ignition switch? Is that a tough fix???? Like something we would have to take to a mechanic?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

if it was the ignition switch the truck would shut off randomly .

I say get your alternator checked at your local auto parts .