Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Help my high beams/driving lights went out

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Starting Member
minijosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help my high beams/driving lights went out

I was driving and I hit my high beams and pop. Both blew at the same time. I check the fuse by the driver side door and it was good. I took out the bulbs and both were blown. I changed both and still nothing. I am going to fail my British vehicle inspection because high beams are required, not sure why, but you need both. What else can I check? I need answers quick guys. My MOT, the vehicle test, is tomorrow. Where is there another fuse or switch that I missed?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help my high beams/driving lights went out

Check the switches themselves?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It would help to know what year of vehicle we are talking about.

Year aside, it is possible that your high beam switch inside the multifunction switch has malfunctioned.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

It would help to know what year of vehicle we are talking about.

Year aside, it is possible that your high beam switch inside the multifunction switch has malfunctioned.

Isnt the High Beam switch a stand-alone unit? I know it was on my last car and should be the same on the S-10, its on top of the sterring column, it shares bolts with the IGN switch though, so if that switch comes off with the high beam switch make sure you put the IGN switch back on right, especially if you have a column shift.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Starting Member

It's on a 1997 Blazer S10. So it could be on top of the steering column? No I don't have a column shift, it's the one in the console. I'll take apart the plastic stuff to see if it's there.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

On a '97, the multifunction switch controls the turn signals, hazards (although the hazard switch is independently replaceable), and high-lo beam activation. By pulling back on the signal stalk, the high or low beams are activated. Also, the multifunction switch has the brake lights routed through them, which is a different topic.

I believe there is a headlight relay as well as a DRL (daytime running light) relay.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Starting Member

Would you have any idea where it is located at?