Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Projector headlight Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road
Default Projector headlight Questions?

So, My buddy showed me some Headlights on Ebay here.
Black 98 04 Blazer Halo Projector Headlights S10 6 LED Fog DRL Bumper Lamps | eBay

Me and my brother dont know to much about these projector headlights and it says "profesional installation highly reccomeneded"

So it makes me wonder...

What could go wrong?
Is there more to this that i need?
Do i need Ballasts for the Projector?

Are these Legal in Canada?

but yeah, if anyone knows or has any useful information it would be greatly appreciated :3

Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Those are for halogen lights. Not HID's, so no, you wont need a ballast.
As for installation, its pretty straight forward, removing your old headlight housing, and putting the new one in.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yep, no big deal here if you know how to turn a screwdriver and unplug / plug in connectors.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road

Haha, okay sweet :P

That removes one apparently miniscule obstacle XD

Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road

i have these exact lights. They are made for halogen bulbs, and they are switched to H1 bulbs, but are wired for use with the stock connectors (so plug and play). HIDs can be used in these BUT the hole for the bulb will have to be Dremeled so the bigger HID bulb will fit since the H1 bulb is so tiny. And then you will have to find a way to space back the bulb otherwise the longer HID bulb will have to go under the cut off plate (BAD IDEA! I did this when i first got hids in them HORRIBLE light out put!!!!) But being these projectors are made for halogen, putting HIDs in them the HIDS will not be up to thier full potential, but will still be a ton better then the B.S. H1 bulbs.

I have herd that using Housings with projectors already in them like these makes doing a Projector retro fit alot easier then stock housings (my plan for this summer is to do a Morimoto Mini swap into these housings)

One other complaint i have about these is 4 of the 6 leds burnt out and ive only had them a bit over a year now.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, don't bother with the leds on these. Terrible power management and cheap ebay leds.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

They would be a decent start if you wanted to start a retrofit with good quality HID projectors. The LEDs could be updated as well. I wouldn't expect greatness out of the box though. I'm sure the install will be easy enough.