Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Remote keyless entry not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member
nitehawk3600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote keyless entry not working

2001 Blazer LT 4wd. My RKE quit working about a year ago. I believe at that time I replaced the battery with no luck and then just gave up on it. Last week I purchased a key fob off Ebay and tried programming it with no luck. I bought new battery and chevked that the fob was putting out a signal at the test stand at Autozone before trying to program. When trying to program it, the vehicle goes into program mode because the locks lock and unlock. When I hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob simutaneously to program it, nothing happens. And I have held the buttons down for much longer than the 30 seconds recommended. Since the vehicle goes into program mode, does that mean that the Body Control Module is good? I also unpluged and plugged in the wiring plugin to the BCM. Any suggestions on what could be bad or what to try now? I also tried resyncing it by pressing lock and unlock buttons for 7 seconds while standing outside the vehicle. I removed the dash to replace the heater core but dont remember if remote stopped working before or after that. Is there wires somewhere else within the dash I could have unplugged and not plugged back in causing the problem? Thanks.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

the keyless entry module should be located behind either the passenger side or drivers side kick panel I think?

Old 06-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Beginning Member
nitehawk3600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I already found the module. Its attached to the same kick panel on the drivers side that the OBD port is located. Everything appears fine with it. The wiring is plugged in and it seems to be receiving a signal because the vehicle will go into program mode, it just wont program. Or could the module still be bad??