Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Replacing gauge cluster/left turn signal flashing crazy

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Beginning Member
SmokedGhouda is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing gauge cluster/left turn signal flashing crazy

So my speedometer and my rpm gauge have this habit of every once in a very long while just doing whatever they want to. I took to it to the local sears auto care center and they said my gauge cluster is probably going bad. After talking with my friend whose cousin is a very well respected mechanic, he said you could find one cheap and a junkyard and replace it yourself real easy or you could even just live with it but you have no idea when they won't work at all. Another issue that arose was the car care place notified me that my left turn signal blinking double time is indicating a short somewhere in my car that I will have to have a dealer look at.

So in summary I have a few questions:

1. Should I replace my gauge cluster?

2. If I replace my gauge cluster from a junkyard do I have to still go somewhere to get my odometer reset?

3. At what point should I bother taking the turn signal issue to a dealer?

4. Are the Wisconsin Badgers going to win the Rose Bowl?

5. Is Global warming real and are humans causing it?

My vehicle is 98 Chevy Blazer 4 door LS with 103,000 and some change on it.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me on it and Blazers are awesome.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Its now called climate change and its happened 3 times before

Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

To answer number 4
Global warming is not real. I have done a lot of research on this, and know [a lot] about weather, This is just natural fluctuation. When we break heat records, people get freaked out about it, saying its global warming, but what they do not realize, is records only go back to the late late 1800's for weather, before that, there is no documentation. And even in record times, most all previous records were set around the time records started being kept, so if we are just NOW breaking them, highly unlikely.
Besides, Look at weather history, If it were a graph, it would look like one wild and crazy roller coaster ride.
Just 2 years ago, here in MN we had one of the snowiest winters on record, 96", and then just last year, we had 18 inches total. Fluctuation.

wait, what was the actual question.