Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Request: Pictures of the Overhead console (DIC) on trucks with Sunroof.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road
Default Request: Pictures of the Overhead console (DIC) on trucks with Sunroof.

H,

I will soon start cutting in my roof to try to fit the DIC.
When I hold up the DIC it looks like there is almost no way it can fit good up there.

The picture below shows my headliner and the edge of the sunroof where the dic shall be.

So, if anyone have a dic and sunroof, please take some pictures of it for me, giving me some more to go on before i start cutting
Also to mention, i got the manual sunroof opener
Ive seen some pictures on google but nothing that really helps me out...
Thanks all for you dedicated help.

Last edited by Jonas; 03-10-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That area looks quite a bit different than my old '00 Bravada looked... Must be an early 2nd gen thing.. You will need a short overhead console for it to work with your headliner, that is for sure. It will also likely need to be out of a 95-97 s-series truck to fit the headliner properly.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There's a really crappy pic of the overhead console that comes stock with a sunroof (minus my CB radio walkie). I have better pics, just at home (I'm at the office). I'll get you one tonight.
I'm confused what console you're looking to install though? The only one that will fit is the one that comes stock, which is just the temp/compass and map lights...

Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Starting Member

Thanks for the replys guys,

i got 1 short console like the one you have there.
Still it mounts over the plastic that goes around the sunroof..
Im verry greatful for more pictures if you have! I will also take a couple of pictures more on my truck and hold up the console there, so that you can see what it all gonna look like..

edit: Swartlkk yes, its a late 97 just before the "big" change interior/front wise in 98.
edit2: here is a pic of the console i got.

Thanks for all the help

// Jonas

Last edited by Jonas; 03-10-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Is that a possum? Or a ferret? lol.

I'll get you a good pic tonight if you want one.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

I`m thinking that is a skunk.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Starting Member

haha nah, its a angora ferret my boy theo

Old 03-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

He`s a pretty good size boy. Had one, not angora, many years ago. Landlord where I lived at the time did`t like him. Said it was nothing but a fancy rat. Could`t afford to move back then so "Trips" (only had 3 feet) had to go.

Sorry about the hi-jack. We now return to our originally scheduled console thread.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Starting Member
Default ok

Fun to hear about your ferret experience rouge

Now just b4 the miss took the truck to work, we took some pics, lmk what you think. Feels like that gray s**t around my sunroof is totaly in the way.. anyone seen a sunroof with that stuff around it before? looks frikkin aftermarket..

Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
BF Veteran

Ohhh...after market sunroof? It doesn't look like the console will fit...it looks like they put it a lot further forward then a stock one would be.

Quick Reply: Request: Pictures of the Overhead console (DIC) on trucks with Sunroof.