Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Request: Pictures of the Overhead console (DIC) on trucks with Sunroof.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road
Default re

Originally Posted by Sisk
Ohhh...after market sunroof? It doesn't look like the console will fit...it looks like they put it a lot further forward then a stock one would be.
No idea if its aftermarket.. Ive never seen one looking like this before tho.

I think i can make it fit but then i will have to mount it in a "non standard way" hehe..

anyone seen such a sunroof before?
If i got the VIN, is it possible to look up prefs on the vehicle somewhere?
Just curius if it came with a sunroof in the first place... its a 97 4 door LT.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, aftermarket sunroof! That's going to make it a lot more difficult for you. I thought the surround looked too odd... I didn't think the roof was all that much different in an early 2nd gen.

You'll likely have to make up a filler panel to take up the space. May even have to section the console so it's shorter.\

You can put your VIN into Compnine.com's VIN decoder to see what options your truck came with. A manual sun roof is not one of the available options though. Definitely aftermarket.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah definitely not a stock sunroof. If you look at the surround on mine (stock) vs yours (not stock) you can clearly see the difference. Any stock sunroof would have been automatic.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Starting Member
Default hehe

hehe, now thats what thas been confusing me....
Okay, i guess the only way is to make some sort of holder for the console peice..

Nice to check up the specs of the truck...

http://pastebin.com/TXKXHDph

If anyone is intrerested :P

It was shipped to Austria and sold there first. I dont know when it came to sweden, but I was the first one who had registered it for driving in sweden that was 2009-12-17.. I wonder what my truck was doing in Austria

Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I was lookin at this and at first was like huh? because the console for the sunroof has the controls to open the sunroof and if you didn't have was I was like how to you open the sun roof then? That makes sense that it is an aftermarket one. maybe you could cut off some of the end of the consol maybe get rid of the controls since you don't need them?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I was lookin at this and at first was like huh? because the console for the sunroof has the controls to open the sunroof and if you didn't have was I was like how to you open the sun roof then? That makes sense that it is an aftermarket one. maybe you could cut off some of the end of the consol maybe get rid of the controls since you don't need them?
makes alot more sense now heh

Il trim the edges of that AM sunroof white-gray-ugly-plastic-shielding and then il be able to fit my console!

I must have the console!!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Have you pulled down your headliner yet to see if the cables/connectors are in there that you need to hook up the compass and temp gauge, If they're not there then you'd have to run those...and that's probably quite a bit of work.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

argggg running wires is the biggest pain in the butt.. epecially when u screw up and have to run the wires 2 or 3 times...

Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Have you pulled down your headliner yet to see if the cables/connectors are in there that you need to hook up the compass and temp gauge, If they're not there then you'd have to run those...and that's probably quite a bit of work.

Nope, i havnt, i found it hard to get down due to the plastic around the sunroof... im just going to cut a hole in it.

I have the dic up and running here on the table (except temp) and i have gotten the wires down to 1 +12v and 1 ground.

My Rear mirror has the reading lights so i can just splice into those 2.

The compass is built into the dic and about the temp... i have the temp sensor in place, but if the wire aint there, i dont know how much im going to bother about that... The connector is deep inside under the dash and i need to remove alot of stull to get to that temp cable...

Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Starting Member
Default work

Trimmed down dic, removed clips and overwhelming plastic clips.
What should i connect the Sunroof flip button do? ( the three white barrles in the middle to the right. (1ON-Off-2ON)

video of the dic in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQ-VVjA0pg

You can see it switching to NW from E in the last second

Last edited by Jonas; 03-10-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Request: Pictures of the Overhead console (DIC) on trucks with Sunroof.