Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Signal Lights Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:34 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough
Default Signal Lights Electrical Problem

Hey guys just looking for some opinions on the electrical nightmare I have on my hands.

The Problem:

-During daytime the right signal (bumper) lights doesn't work.
-During daytime if I have the interior lighting **** turned up my touchscreen backlighting will blink with my signal lights.
-During the night time when my auto lights come on I will have a right turn indicator stuck on and when I actually try and to signal it will not.
-When I do signal on the left side the headlight signal and bumper signal blink at the same time (they've always alternated before).

This whole problem seemed to start after I did my bodylift.

I have replaced the right turn signal socket, didn't fix it. I checked and double checked the grounds. I brought it into a shop and had them look at it. They rewired the ground wire on the right side. All that accomplished was reversing my symptoms (left signal was stuck on).

Brought it back again and they just messed with the wires a bit and said it was fixed. I got home and checked and my right bumper light doesn't signal and the left signals don't alternate. Going back again next w
Wednesday but he seems to think it is the signal light that's the problem. I know this isn't the case because I've tried 4 different sets since this problem started.

Any ideas guys? I can deal with mechanical problems but electrical is a nightmare.