Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Spyder headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Starting Member
Torbinator is on a distinguished road
Default Spyder headlights

Any clue how to install these blazer halos? The headlights is plug and play except for the halo ring. Where would I wire this to and how?

Old 07-01-2020, 05:20 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Tap the power input wires into the running light circuit.

There's two ways of going about this.

You could use the small bulb that's at the side of the headlight housing, but be aware that although it only has 2 wires, it functions as both a running light and a turn signal (it does this by alternating the polarity of one of the wires), so in the end your halo would blink with the turn signals as well. This would be the easiest method as the bulb is already right there at the headlight, so it would require the least wire routing.

The way I would personally wire them up would keep them lit up constantly with the running lights and/or headlights. To do that, you'll have to run a little bit of wire and tap them into the marker light that's underneath the headlight. It has 3 wires, so you'll need to probe them to figure out which wire does what. But you'll just be looking for a ground and a wire that's 12+ with the running lights or headlights. The 3rd wire is a dedicated turn signal circuit.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:23 PM
Starting Member
Torbinator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Tap the power input wires into the running light circuit.

There's two ways of going about this.

You could use the small bulb that's at the side of the headlight housing, but be aware that although it only has 2 wires, it functions as both a running light and a turn signal (it does this by alternating the polarity of one of the wires), so in the end your halo would blink with the turn signals as well. This would be the easiest method as the bulb is already right there at the headlight, so it would require the least wire routing.

The way I would personally wire them up would keep them lit up constantly with the running lights and/or headlights. To do that, you'll have to run a little bit of wire and tap them into the marker light that's underneath the headlight. It has 3 wires, so you'll need to probe them to figure out which wire does what. But you'll just be looking for a ground and a wire that's 12+ with the running lights or headlights. The 3rd wire is a dedicated turn signal circuit.
Sounds very similar to all the videos. Will go with this. Any way to make there a quick disconnect tho so that if I ever need to take out the headlights I wont have to take the grille with it?

In no rush at all to do this, forgot about replacing my core support to put in blazer headlights. They fit in the Jimmy core support but they seem to be misaligned with the body so i would assume the Blazer core support moves them and the grille somehow to line up with the fender...

Id do the 3rd option since putting them with the low beams would mean I couldnt ever show off the halos since the halogen bulb would constantly make it invisible.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:13 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Torbinator
Any way to make there a quick disconnect tho so that if I ever need to take out the headlights I wont have to take the grille with it?
Certainly. I like to grab random connectors in the salvage yard whenever I'm there, I use them for all sorts of things like that lol. But you can buy the male and female connectors by themselves. I bought a kit a while back from China that came with 2, 3, and 4 pin connectors, and have weatherproof rubber inserts. They're very similar to factory plugs.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 07-01-2020 at 06:16 PM.