Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Sun Load Sensor and Ambient Light sensors

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 06:28 PM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

Yeah... uh... just on the off chance anyone ever meets my wife... we... we're just going to call this a short (yeah, a whole plug you idiot! *Move to be stricken from the record!!!!!*). The wire length is pretty tight so I'm disconnecting the battery and starting over from bottom up to reinstall the bcm terminals. I have the strangest feeling that's going to clear some of the BCM trouble codes and hopefully the fog light/HVAC errors as well.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:12 PM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

Final, well semi-final since I think the fog light bulbs are burned out but the switch is showing light on/off when cycled now vs previously. Yeah, I'm an idiot. Flipped BCM over and now with all 3 plugs installed the automatic headlights now work (since it's after dark a spotlight was used as a stand in for the sun), driver's side door now triggers the dome light correctly and turns off the radio when opened and ignition is off. B2647 is now cleared. How I've managed to drive this rig for YEARS on only 2/3 of the BCM is both shameful and a little amazing honestly. Thank you Christine because honestly, I wouldn't have checked the BCM in the first place if you hadn't posted the troubleshooting guide, seriously THANK YOU! Along with that, thanks in advance for your write-up on fog lamp replacement because my stubborn nature probably would have had me trying to contort myself to try and replace them without even removing the assembly (and also that factory is a 881 bulb and not an 880 like rockauto pulled up). So, along with my healthy serving of humility, at least I got a refresher in dash removal and a DVOM out of it, at the cost of a defroster vent though... Thanks again all!

Old 02-11-2023, 11:44 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Whoo Hoo! It sounds like it was a hard-fought victory, but a victory none-the-less!!

And you are very welcome! I'm glad my post was of some help. And by the way, we've all been there!

Finally, thanks for posting a follow-up as who knows who else might benefit from this information.