General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blower Motor Wiring Problem/Engine Idle Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Starting Member
NYThruway is on a distinguished road
Default Blower Motor Wiring Problem/Engine Idle Issue

We just purchased a 1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4WD. It has 108,000 miles on it, and a few problems that we are trying to figure out how to repair. The first issue is the climate control. The previous owner had removed the stock radio, and that spot is empty. Below it are the controls for the heat/AC. Under the hood, the blower motor has been replaced, as the plastic covering has been cut out. In addition, the Blower Motor Resistor is missing, leaving an open spot. What has me puzzled is that the "pigtail/power connector" for the Blower Motor Resistor is on the wiring line, but there is no pigtail/power connector for the Blower Motor itself. That particular connector is a 2 wire connector (blower motor is male, pigtail/power connector is female). I have looked up wiring diagrams to no avail to find out exactly where this power connector to the blower motor comes from. Does it come from under the glove box, through the firewall, or does it come from under the engine compartment from under the hood? Is there a diagram? I'm a "visual type" person, and if available, would certainly appreciate as detailed location on how to re-wire the power connector that I just ordered online that goes to the blower motor. My second question is that the engine idles rough, but does not overheat. The friend of mine who I bought the vehicle from said his code scanner read a "300 code", not specific on 301, 302, etc. The plug wires look new, as does the distributor cap. Any help with any possible problems (which I know can be endless) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!