Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Toruble with Breaker/overheating

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
maling is on a distinguished road
Default Toruble with Breaker/overheating

Hey guys.
My car is 96 builded blazer LT with 4.3 Engine, 160000 mls.
I'm new here and i have fixed some problems, but there is a new one and i'm out of ideas. Hope you can help me, cause i can't find professional help here in germany.

My Power door locks won't let me lock the doors (power seats also not working). First, problem was only sometimes (not on every ride), after driving a while (havn't known that there is a breaker instead of a fuse at that time). It was working few minutes after turning engine off. Now its completely out of service. After checking wires on passenger side (cause at the beginning there was a humming when pressed key-lock), i tried to find a fused and i've realised, that one of the breakers burned my finger. Thats the moment i've realised that it is a breaker but back to the topic...

After searching here, i checkt following:

1. power seat cables (under seat) --> Plugged off 3 connectors on driver's and 1 on passengers side (think, that are all cables for seats) --> same problem
2. checked cables behind fuse panel --> ok
3. removed driver's door cover and checked/plugged off all cables --> same problem
4. checked cables on passengers side to some relays --> ok
5. plugged off cables of keyless entry modul on left side (behind OBDII-connector) --> same problem
6. disconnected power window breaker --same
7. plugged in 30AMP windows breaker to check the breaker self/used 20AMP breaker in windows-slot --> same/breaker ok

It is defently a short - cause it works when i plug the breaker in - but only for seconds (in-car lights became dark when i plug it in for first seconds)

But - don't know where to search for that short, cause i havn't changed something bevor problem appears.. Nothing wich is in relation to it...

Someone have an idea? its making me sick -.- im out of ideas....

Thanks

Last edited by maling; 12-07-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The PWR ACCY breaker powers all of the door lock switches, the RKE module (remote keyless entry - if equiped), the door lock relay, and the power seat functions.

Check out the wiring schematics attached below for more information:

Attached Thumbnails Toruble with Breaker/overheating-96_pwr_distr_sch1of4.gif   Toruble with Breaker/overheating-96_pwr_lck_sch.gif   Toruble with Breaker/overheating-96_rke_sch.gif   Toruble with Breaker/overheating-96_pwr_seat_sch.gif   Toruble with Breaker/overheating-96_pwr_lumb_sch.gif  

Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The PWR ACCY breaker powers all of the door lock switches, the RKE module (remote keyless entry - if equiped), the door lock relay, and the power seat functions.

Check out the wiring schematics attached below for more information:
Hey. Thanks for ya quick reply. After studying your schematics, i think, could only be the relay. I checked the switches and plugged them of, removed cables etc.... the relay is the only think i havn't checked, maybe short inside of it.

Im happy that you gave me the last one, so i have cable colours and can try my own modul/relay for locking doors (integrated in alarming system, but not connected to it yet). Maybe that solve my problem, will tell you what happened. (I'll do it on weekend)

Maling

Last edited by maling; 12-08-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Allright, i checked relay today and it wasn't it- after plugging cable out of relay, same problem. Does someone knows where the distributor is and which modul controls the motors?
Cause when i use my own relay module, it only locks the drivers door (think it depends on that Press-Twice-To-Unlock-All-Doors thing)... And i can't unlock it, but maybe that was cause i gave power only to my relay modul toc heck it, not to keyless entry system.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you referring to as "the distributor". The one on the engine?

And what motors are you referring to?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM

AH, sorry, my technical english is not the best.. I mean the door lock/unlock motors and distirbutor for door lock motor wires. Cause i have only 2 cables going into the relay, for 3 door lockers.

so, there must be a distributor or additional relay somewhere, wo split these 2 cables into 6, wich are connected to the 3 door lock motors. (I know that driver door lock motor is connected to the Keyless entry modul, as shown in your schematics)