Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

tying in the rear-most dome light to work w/ doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Beginning Member
slappymcnasty is on a distinguished road
Default tying in the rear-most dome light to work w/ doors

in my daughters 95' jimmy i have been re-fixing some stuff, i noticed the rear-most light only stays on if you flip the switch........... problem being is if forgotton, the batt. would surely die. is tying it into the front/center dome light as easy as it sounds? that way i could just leave the switch in the "on" position and the door pins would turn it off w/ the center dome giving convenient "full interior" lighting. adding a smaller light to the circuit shouldnt ad that much more to the fuse, i wouldnt think. THOUGHTS ON THIS? has anyone else performed this?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

I dont have specific info or experience on that but be careful how you do it.

On my 99 the body relay grounds the court lamps to turn them on. so check that front dome to see whether it's 12v or gnd that's switched. Same with the cargo area lamp you're trying to tie in.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Beginning Member

hhmmm, thats definately news to keep in mind. will wait to see what you possibly find out. i will keep looking into it as well, THANK YOU!!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by slappymcnasty
hhmmm, thats definately news to keep in mind. will wait to see what you possibly find out. i will keep looking into it as well, THANK YOU!!
Dont wait for me. I aint touching it. I hope.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

are you sure it stays on? i know if you have any of the doors open on my 96 it will come on along with the center dome. and after you shut all the doors and the rear hatch it will shut off with the center dome. i think its wired like that from the factory.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Beginning Member

i have played with it a few times and noticed if i "click" the switch the rear-most light comes on and "click the switch and it goes off. thats weather or not the doors/center dome light is open/on. woulda thought the factory people would have made this a "full" lighting option but the more i look into this thing, the more i notice the stuff that isnt quite user friendly. alot of it has to do with the previous owners just tearing it up but the lights have not been touched. the only way the light comes on is to use the switch on the light itself. APPRECIATE your input thus far!!!! im still stumbling thru it