Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

votage

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well its Nov 26 2012 and I think I have slove the problem...It was my ground battery cable! After all this time and effort I think I have it. My mech was even at a lose on what was wrong.
How I found out was when I got it back from my mech with still the problem (He had given up, but he didn't charge me either) I notice my vac line was off from the vac swith on the fire wall for the 4 wheel drive. So here I goes again. I took the battery and tray out and everything was fine there but, I notice a spike in improvement in my votage, so I stuck my trustly gage on it and was getting like around 14.8 and going down to 14.2 I said well what do you know, like go figure..So I bought a new neg battery cable and put it on and the votage after sitting for about 3 days starts off at 15 volts then goes down to 14.2 as it use to be. The vac line for the 4x4 was laying down behind the dist now that was fun getting to...now it runs in FRONT of the dist. I also plan on changing the pos battery cable. I guess the yrs the cable built up a res and just went bad...You never know what looks good very well is not.

Now I can turn the page on the on going problem and enjoy my ride once again...Just like I told my mech, I have own this Blazer since 2002 I know my truck like the back of my hand and there was a problem, he said it was all in my head...yea right...need to make a call to him and "Let" him know, it was not all in my head!