Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM
JakeGein is on a distinguished road
Default what is this?

So I just bought my blazer a few weeks ago, and its emissions time. I'm having major problems figuring out what the deal is. I keep getting told the truck says "isn't ready" and I have no check engine light at all. Could this have something to do with it? Aslo, the truck doesn't start without this plugged in.

Here's links to the pictures.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

Never seen one of those, mine doesn't have one.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

that is an after market immobilizer. and shouldnt affect the computer. its wierd that you guys get ur computers check for readiness, here they put it on a dyno and read the emmissions and get a pass or fail wheather the check engine light is on or not. i came accross a post yesterday where they explained how to reset your monitors hopefully someone else can chime in on this.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

That thing is wired into the ecm if it was installed right. If its not in the ecm won't get power. Each chip is different so you can't just get a new one out of a different car with the same system and it work.

The end that's broke had a loop at one time and it came with a quick release clip or a key ring. That way you took it with you. Most I see are broken, also most people leave them pluged in all the time because the extra hassle of one more thing.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road
Default Scan tool

Does the vehicle start and drive? If it does you just need to drive the Blazer for about 40 miles. Your computer just needs to learn. If the battery is disconnect while you worked on the auto the information about how the systems are working is lost.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 AM
JakeGein is on a distinguished road

Oook, that clears up what that card is. Aside from that, its start and runs great. There's just no check engine light at all, even when it first starts. I've never pulled the battery terminal off, and it has 185,ooo on it. I asked the guy to just dyno it like any other vehicle, and in indiana, apparently they can't do that. I'll try letting it reset and see if that doesn't fix it.