Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

What is the antenna on the windshield for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:11 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

X2 on alarm or remote start. that is a typical spot to put the sending unit for a 2 way paging alarm

Old 01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that's what I was thinking but wasn't willing to bet my paycheck on it haha. I haven't fiddled with alarms much so I don't know enough about em to say yay or nay

Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
rockman600 is on a distinguished road

That's what it is,it's a remote starter.I found a valet switch under the dash so I took the cover off under the steering wheel and there it was.It has no name on it and just a sticker with a couple of numbers on it.Done some searches and came up with nothing so I took the cover off and found another set of numbers and found nothing on them .I'm going to buy a new one and start from scratch.I put a remote starter on my S10 a couple of years ago and my wife drives this Blazer so now I gotta hear about it all the time because I can start my truck from the kitchen table every morning and she has to go out in the cold to start hers.
Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Why don't you try unhooking the box and take it to a mobile electronics shop? They might be able to give you information on it then you just buy a new remote and program it! Lot less work.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

remotes cost almost as much as the whole package does - and usually JUST for 1 remote unlike some kits that usually come with 2.

not to mention that stores aren't really gonna be able to find out much more than you with the numbers on it and a google search. Just buy a new one so u know its done right, you have the remotes, and you know the brand! lol

Old 01-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Hmm I didn't know that. I've never had an alarm or even keyless entry on any of my vehicles. I'm sure my 95 came with it stock but no remotes and I don't hardly ever lock it cause there's nothing really to steal. And I don't really want to deal with a broken window on top of a tore up dash or whatever as well so as long as my cd player is from 1987 (not really but you get the idea) then no point in it IMO

Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cochran07
Hmm I didn't know that. I've never had an alarm or even keyless entry on any of my vehicles. I'm sure my 95 came with it stock .................

if you have the RPO code AU0 (or even AX3) then you have factory keyless.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 AM

yeah I know I've just never checked the RPO codes. It doesn't matter cause I can't afford to spend money on a new remote. One day Ill put a remote start on but that's down the road.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i don't know what the local wreckers charge around you, but it's only $5 for a remote from them. with a refund if it doesn't work on your vehicle.

mind you, it's a box of remotes, and you've gotta pick through them to see if yours is in there.

if you happen to know what you're looking for.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

the remote he's looking for on that likely won't be at the scrap yards - if they pull parts and it came with the after market fob for the remote start/locks chances are they pulled the kit out to sell for more money than they'd get from a fob lol.

the fob however for the stock locks that could/should have come with it u can get there, and iirc (correct me blazer gods that know this better than myself - cant remember if this is 100% right from my GM Tech guy) if you jumper pins 4 & 8 together it will cycle the lock system to allow you to match your fob's up. when it cycles the locks you wait for it to finish, hold the lock/unlock buttons @ the same time and wait for it to cycle, if they don't the fob's no good. <<< that will allow you to find the right one @ the yard! Also you can activate (GM Tech thinks) up to 3 fob's to the jimmy if its got the stock receiver for it.

Quick Reply: What is the antenna on the windshield for?