Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Window/ door lock/ rear windshield wiper switches in what ever order they choose

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Tom Basham is on a distinguished road
Default Window/ door lock/ rear windshield wiper switches in what ever order they choose

Hello all, this is my first post aside from my introduction a few weeks ago. I've found answers to many questions in this forum and I am truly thankful to be able to access such a bank of information that has been collected/shared over the years!

I've searched the forums but could not find my exact problem which seems to be kind of chaotic..

With that being said, I have a question regarding my interior illumination lights. The instrument cluster lights always work as they should but my window, door lock, and rear windshield switches don't always illuminate at the same time. Meaning, one night I could have illuminated window switches on my driver's side but not on the passenger side with no illuminated rear windshield wiper switch. The next night I can have a fully illuminated passenger side door but nothing else and so on and so forth.

Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated!
Tia

Last edited by Tom Basham; 12-09-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:19 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tom Basham
Hello all, this is my first post aside from my introduction a few weeks ago. I've found answers to many questions in this forum and I am truly thankful to be able to access such a bank of information that has been collected/shared over the years!

I've searched the forums but could not find my exact problem which seems to be kind of chaotic..

With that being said, I have a question regarding my interior illumination lights. The instrument cluster lights always work as they should but my window, door lock, and rear windshield switches don't always illuminate at the same time. Meaning, one night I could have illuminated window switches on my driver's side but not on the passenger side with no illuminated rear windshield wiper switch. The next night I can have a fully illuminated passenger side door but nothing else and so on and so forth.

Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated!
Tia
What year,make, model and miles do you have?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Toocute350
What year,make, model and miles do you have?
I should've known better, lol. It's an '01 Blazer 2 dr auto LS w/162k mi.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Beginning Member
ShadowZone is on a distinguished road
Default Many of us do not have Rear Winshield Wipers that work

Join The Crowd

You probably experiencing bad connections in your electrical system. I would have to look at the schematic to refresh myself with the problems that you recite, to help pinpoint the exact location or probble location of your bad connection.

Use a multimeter to fish around and you probably locate your bad connection in short order.

Whoaaaaaaa!

To have a BLAZER with such short comings!!!!

Old 12-12-2015, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ShadowZone
Join The Crowd

You probably experiencing bad connections in your electrical system. I would have to look at the schematic to refresh myself with the problems that you recite, to help pinpoint the exact location or probble location of your bad connection.

Use a multimeter to fish around and you probably locate your bad connection in short order.

Whoaaaaaaa!

To have a BLAZER with such short comings!!!!

Lol I've seen quite a bit of various problems that people have on here and I must say I do feel fortunate, (as of now). I have a few issues I'm not to worried about atm but just with this being electrical, it brought about some worry. On the plus side, that's all the motivation I needed to pick up a multimeter!