Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Wiring harness ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Question Wiring harness ?

Ok lasy year I bought a 96 4wd drive Jimmy with a blown engine.This engine had the sequential fuel injection on it.I installed an engine with central port fuel injection wich is the one that has the aluminum planem that says vortec on it.Well I didnt know it at the time but there are major differences in the wiring harness.Is there a way I can swap out an older harness that will work on my engine or can I modify and eliminate stuff from the harness I have and make it work.Im more a mechanical person and wiring an eletrical is my weakness.Any help appreciated thankx in advance.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Question

Anybody can help please

Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Is there anyone here that knows about wiring harnesses?I want to convert my sfi to cpi.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are looking to do something that is, IMHO, a colossal waste of time. I would NEVER recommend anyone change from SCFI to CPI. In terms of reliability, there is no contest. The SCFI is hands down more reliable than the CPI engine it replaced. Concentrate your efforts on getting the proper engine for your application and be done with it instead of reinventing the wheel.

If you really want to go through with it, I would recommend you purchase the Factory Service Manual Set for both a 1995 & 1996 S/T Truck/Blazer then sit down and study the wiring diagrams. You will need to find an OBD2 PCM from a 1995 which isn't going to be easy and if you do find it, take the wiring harness from that same truck as well.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM

I already I have one and have that I hooked up to the harness.At the time I had no idea I would need the harness,had I known>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 04-27-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Question

I spent 100`s rebuilding this engine and its already in guess Im going to reinvent the wheel.How do the wiring harnesses detach for the vehichle that I need?Do they unplug through the firewall or am going to have to cut one off then rewire it?Thanks.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
I already I have one and have that I hooked up to the harness.At the time I had no idea I would need the harness,had I known>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grrrrrrrrrr
Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
I spent 100`s rebuilding this engine and its already in guess Im going to reinvent the wheel.How do the wiring harnesses detach for the vehichle that I need?Do they unplug through the firewall or am going to have to cut one off then rewire it?Thanks.
You need to install the system onto the engine that goes with your engine computer.
This is why they sell rebuilt engines as 'long block' that is including heads, not intake.

If you try to match the new engine you will end up with one problem after another.

You keep your old intake and all its sensors even if the new engine is the same. Just in case.

This isnt a blazer thing, or GM thing.. this applies to any vehicle. So what you need to do is find the parts out of a junkyard at the least. Also see if someone is parting out a 96-97

Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Unhappy

Worst come to worst I can change my heads back to the vortecs and install the old manifold.I just dont have all the parts for new style intake around.I know where I can get them though.The more I think about all the work that needs to be done the more I think about just selling it.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Ok so Im not going to waste y time messing with the eltrical system and just going to back the same year engine.Stinks though I have alot of time and $ in this engine.