Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

06 gto

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I actually really dont like that bodykit or the hood on the yellow car ^^. And I like the holden front end but i dont think that GM really screwed up. think about what the gto was when it came out in 64. It was a regular old lemans. They took a big heavy regular looking car and dropped a big motor in it. hence the birth of the muscle car. So what did GM do with the new ones. They took a regular almost plain looking car and put a high hp motor in it. It may not be like the whole retro craze started by the mustangs but it did stay close to its GTO roots in my opinion. Yes they could have made it look a little beefier and meaner but its more of a sleeper car. It doesnt need to attract all the attention like the new mustang did because real car guys would know what it was and what it was capable of.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Bradley with all expenses included, is about 34 as well.... but I got a few scholarships and a bit of aide to help me....

Also, I have taken some classes at a local community college and will take two more this summer, and its about 250 for a class, whereas Bradley is 2100 for a class over the summer/winter breaks... yes it is rape....

You're really getting bent over a table but what are you going to do other than go to a different school/get more $$$$

Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The_Beast
You're really getting bent over a table but what are you going to do other than go to a different school/get more $$$$
Well To be honest... I make out pretty damn good with aide/scholarships.... and if this scholarship I am applying for goes through.... the blazer will get shackles and tires to pick it up a bit.... but there is a scholarship for 10k that I hope to get and will drop half of it in a Go fast car fund... The fiancee almost bit when I said, it could be a hella down payment on a new camaro.... but even then its still like a 400 dollar payment a month.. .sadly....

Someone needs to win the lottery for me lol....

I have heard Bradley Graduates making anywhere from 50-115k first year out....

My sister, wont tell me how much, but she got her degree in Accounting and I think she is banking over 50k.... but idk... She is so uptight you couldnt tell if she made 10 bucks or 1 million.... which is good I guess....

Also looking at retirement funds... using some IME 301 math, if I were to bank 10k every year in a saving account, retirement would have over 1,000,000 in the bank... but Idk if that will ever happen... gosssdamn money

Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 AM

Well To be honest... I make out pretty damn good with aide/scholarships.... and if this scholarship I am applying for goes through.... the blazer will get shackles and tires to pick it up a bit.... but there is a scholarship for 10k that I hope to get and will drop half of it in a Go fast car fund... The fiancee almost bit when I said, it could be a hella down payment on a new camaro.... but even then its still like a 400 dollar payment a month.. .sadly....

Someone needs to win the lottery for me lol....

I have heard Bradley Graduates making anywhere from 50-115k first year out....

My sister, wont tell me how much, but she got her degree in Accounting and I think she is banking over 50k.... but idk... She is so uptight you couldnt tell if she made 10 bucks or 1 million.... which is good I guess....

Also looking at retirement funds... using some IME 301 math, if I were to bank 10k every year in a saving account, retirement would have over 1,000,000 in the bank... but Idk if that will ever happen... gosssdamn money

I see what you're saying but where I'm going to school cost $15,000 and year, 99% job placement withing a year (something like 85% in a related field), and for the mechanical engineering lowest pay was $40,000, median pay was $60,000 and top pay was ~$95,000. None of which are bad starting salaries for a 22 year old kid.

+ after a few years (paying off loans and getting setup) I'm planning on going back to MSOE for a masters, so $80,000 + starting salary

+ I'm still waiting to here back about any scholarships

Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

My friend had a 04 GTO with a LS1 and it was pretty fun dad's truck has the 6.0 in it and it's pretty fun. The truck is like 360hp or something like that. It will set ya back in the seat.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by The_Beast
I see what you're saying but where I'm going to school cost $15,000 and year, 99% job placement withing a year (something like 85% in a related field), and for the mechanical engineering lowest pay was $40,000, median pay was $60,000 and top pay was ~$95,000. None of which are bad starting salaries for a 22 year old kid.

+ after a few years (paying off loans and getting setup) I'm planning on going back to MSOE for a masters, so $80,000 + starting salary

+ I'm still waiting to here back about any scholarships
I feel you... at Bradley there was 100% job placement until last years senior class, and then it was about 98%, but thats still odds that I like.... I would be happy as a kid in a candy store to
1.Graduate
2.get a job
3.make over 50k
4.pay off loans
5.buy a go fast car and finish the blazer...

Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 PM

I feel you... at Bradley there was 100% job placement until last years senior class, and then it was about 98%, but thats still odds that I like.... I would be happy as a kid in a candy store to
1.Graduate
2.get a job
3.make over 50k
4.pay off loans
5.buy a go fast car and finish the blazer...

Sounds like a great plan especially #3 and 5

Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran

Its is, and I also told my fiancee that if I got a decent job, her schooling would be paid for lolz.... she wants to be a wedding/event planner, which is cool but there arent any good schools in the area....

I have always wanted to get a 6 speed manual transmission "sports car" but always looked towards the f-bodies (any year) and more recently the gto as well as the ssr ( call it ugly, it was a beast)

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM

The GTO are pretty sweet but I'd rather have a Camaro. The SSR is unique to stay the least, it really isn't my flavor but to each his own.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I actually like the SSR's too. Most think their ugly but they have that old school hotrod look. But pretty much anything that GM put an LS2 in would be nice to have. Between the vette, gto, ssr, Trailblazer ss, and the CTS-v you cant really go wrong.

Quick Reply: 06 gto