The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

1st gen Blazer's useless?!? PART IT OUT??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Nice looking first gen. I don't see you having much problems selling it if I didn't already have a car and you lived closer I would have definitely considered buying it.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Beginning Member
bbgoatboy is on a distinguished road

it is a pretty good looking blazer. It isn't flawless, but looks nice. It is fun to bomb around in on the back roads. Brakes are pretty much shot though, meaning no brakes. Need to bleed them I think. LOL.

it is to bad no one local would want it or trade for it. But hey, I am going to think in it a bit. I think the engine will have to go, 212K on it. Good core though.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bbgoatboy
parting it out one could make around 1500.00 or so. That is selling the parts (not motor, trans and so on) for 10-20 each.
don't take this the wrong way.........but good luck with that.

not trying to be an ***, but seriously, GL with parting it out.

i tried the same thing last February, when i picked up a '98 4 door, 4WD Jimmy for the encoder motor/t-case.

engine was knocking really bad, but it had complete new brakes all around (i just did the same to mine less than a month earlier), basic power group (windows/locks), cloth interior, blah, blah, blah. tried to part it out on Kijiji/Craiglist, only had one guy come for the end caps to the rear bumper.

ended up taking it all to scrap after it sat in the driveway until July.

but who knows, different lo-cal, different gen of truck................stranger things have happened.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
don't take this the wrong way.........but good luck with that.

not trying to be an ***, but seriously, GL with parting it out.

i tried the same thing last February, when i picked up a '98 4 door, 4WD Jimmy for the encoder motor/t-case.

engine was knocking really bad, but it had complete new brakes all around (i just did the same to mine less than a month earlier), basic power group (windows/locks), cloth interior, blah, blah, blah. tried to part it out on Kijiji/Craiglist, only had one guy come for the end caps to the rear bumper.

ended up taking it all to scrap after it sat in the driveway until July.

but who knows, different lo-cal, different gen of truck................stranger things have happened.
Yea I have had some veh sit for some time parting them out. The local u pull it's are selling a bit high lately. I needed a seat for another veh and they wanted like 50.00. I talked them down to 30.00 but still.

I didn't take it as you being an ***. it is a hard sell either way. Nice part is I now have a house I can store it for some time. LOL. Never know I might get it all stripped down and then decide to turn it into a crawler since it will be stripped down will be much easier.

I don't know much on the 1st gen's. Had a S-10 4.3 pickup when I was a kid and it was a hoot when my neighbor did a swap. I have never done one though. Are they a pain?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Dunno how big of a pain it is but I have seen tons of people do it. I would eventually like to throw in like a 350 with true dual exhaust straight piped.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Beginning Member

I have heard it is a pain. Buddy of mine did a 2 wheel drive. Said it cost him around 3K total including the 350. Just not sure if i want to go that route.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Beginning Member
drtyblnd is an unknown quantity at this point

true youll probably get more money parting it out as it sits. but it may take a while if you got room for it and want to wactch it whither away. me personaly i too have s-10s im parting out and i know! it can take a while. i live in idaho i like the outdoors and four wheeling is great, awsome system if you keep up on the maintinance. you can go just about anywhere in these little units their compact and properly geared thats why these suv's work so well and is popular, sure the motor is a little unreliable most of them are but there good for at least 200,000 miles or more put a few grand into it bring it new life and you will love it make a project out off it document every thing and then sell it, you will get alot more money out of it then. some one will gladly take it off your hands for a fair price if looks really nice.and another 1st gen stays on the road!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member

I have some pictures of the motor and what not. It is pretty nice. I don't really know what it is worth. NADA has one value, but value is what someone will pay. The motor could use a freshing or replacement it reads 212K.

Hey I am open to offers LMAO.