Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

72 monte carlo resto

Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Question 72 monte carlo resto

I bought my 72 monte in 73 and drove it for 160k .......the most money I had to put in it was the front end work......and the last time i drove it, i smoked the tires ;-)I think chevy made a bad choice on front suspension and didn't consider the difference in weight between the big block and the small.........

I kept very good care of it, but it ha been sitting "under cover" for about 15 years.........and only started occasionally ......

I have decided that my last big project is to get it back on the road again...how far i will go on it i don't know.........if i get a good offer on it during my rebuild ...i may sell.......????...I don't know if I will be able to let go??

enough of that stuff.........it seems to me that these blazers have everything imaginable go wrong:-)........so what better place to ask....

i need a gas tank.......rock auto has three or four different gas tanks........is there one that i should NOT buy for some reason.........there is not much difference in price......price is not my issue....ease of replacement is....

thanks for any opinions.....

Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Are you wanting a gas tank for the Monte or the Blazer?

BTW, always loved that body style of Montes. Would love to have the '70 SS with the big block. Talk about a sleeper!

Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

After i reread the my thread..........it confused me too......no wander people get into battles on these forums ;-)......

I'm working on the monte.............that dang little blazer is doing great...........

the monte's are starting to gain popularity.....I suppose because the chevelles are becoming harder to find...??

The 402 big block is a great engine.....my monte isn't an ss but it came with the 402, dual exhaust, 400 turbo, and positrac.......I think the ss cars were 454 bb??

Old 07-20-2016, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Yep, 454, though I believe only one badge that showed it to be an SS. I also believe it was considered a '70 1/2 rather than a '70, kinda like the first Mustangs. Probably the most desirable and rarest of the Montes.

I have a 2006, even though it is called a Monte, it is more a Lumina than a true Monte. Its a nice car all around with no complaints, but not even close to a '70s Monte.