Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Advanced Auto Bad Mouthing Rockauto

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:08 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Advanced Auto Bad Mouthing Rockauto

I needed a lower ball joint for my 2000 Jimmy and I did not want to order online so I was making the rounds to my local auto parts stores. I wanted to use a Moog brand part. Advanced had the Moog Ball Joint on hand so I purchased it. It was about $68 and I asked if they matched prices from Rock Auto. I did not expect that they would. But than the counter person was saying that the parts that are sold online are 2nd quality that Moog dumps online. I have purchased online parts from Rockauto, Amazon and Ebay. I have never had a problem with a name brand part being different than what would be at a local retailer. Ebay you have to be careful as there are a lot of parts that the listing will make you think you are getting an OEM part are aftermarket

Rockauto price without shipping:

MOOG Part # K5335 {#17980954, 22156908} Problem Solver
Front Lower; 4WD; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces
$35.79 $35.79 Remove Part
Subtotal $35.79

Old 02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Ive actually had Advance price match Amazon on an online purchase to pick up in store.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Starting Member
01xtreme_chevy is on a distinguished road

I work at Advance Auto Parts. While Moog is a good quality part there is nothing wrong with finding it somewhere else at a cheaper price...what's wrong with saving money?
I'm not sure about Amazon price matching but as far as price matching with Rock Auto, thats a no. Advance does not do that for some reason. I have had customers come up to me and ask what is better, this brand or that brand, and I have actually helped customers out by telling them they are both good but if you wanting to save money on the same thing then go to so and so store.
Sounds like to me he didn't want to help you out very much...just make a quick sale. I can't stand poor customer service.
As far as online parts go...so, if you find the same part online for cheaper I say go for it.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I was in a middle of a job that I wanted to get finished and the ball joint was unplanned so I was not shopping price but I did want a Moog part. I was just taken aback when he was claiming that online parts were somehow different in quality for the same brand and part. I do not have a problem with Advanced Auto Parts at all. I use O'reilly auto parts a lot as they are closest to my house. Then Adavanced, Autozone and NAPA. are all within a mile or so of each other.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Starting Member
01xtreme_chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I was in a middle of a job that I wanted to get finished and the ball joint was unplanned so I was not shopping price but I did want a Moog part. I was just taken aback when he was claiming that online parts were somehow different in quality for the same brand and part. I do not have a problem with Advanced Auto Parts at all. I use O'reilly auto parts a lot as they are closest to my house. Then Adavanced, Autozone and NAPA. are all within a mile or so of each other.

Yea, that's wierd why he would say that. That's a new one on me.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

I'm starting to order parts from amazon only reason I go to advanced or AutoZone is if I need the part right then and there if I can wait to have the car running I order online, but a buddy of mine also believes that I guess lower price mean worse product even if its the same