Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anthrocon :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default Anthrocon :D

Got back monday night, actually tuesday morning about 1am from my trip to Pittsburgh. The Blazer was a champ the entire way, and some recent repairs I made to pass emissions actually improved my fuel mileage Last year it took my two full tanks to get from Hartford to Pittsburgh, this year it took a tank and 1/2 which I was happy about. Plus with gas prices dropping, it made for a nice trip. Made an awesome find on the way down there at a truck stop gift shop, found a large stuffed animal that is discontinued and almost impossible to find anywhere online, and if you are lucky enough to find one on ebay it could possibly get you hundreds, and I paid 50$ for it So then on to the convention, it was so awesome! Long story short, I got to see all of my friends from all over the US again, made some new friends, and we even had people from other countries. I think they said there was 12 or 13 different countries represented there. They even had a performer from Japan there!

They had 1,044 people dressed up in fursuits, over 1million dollars worth, almost 5,500 people registered to attend, and for charity they raised 20,000$ for Hello Bully. Hello Bully is a Pittsburgh area foundation to shelter and rehibilitate and adopt pit bulls.

I'm towards the end of the parade It's a long story as to how I got to the point I am at now, but let's say I've done business with an inexperienced maker and gotten low quality fursuits that fall apart and have battled some really low points of depression.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I love that this helps support pit bulls!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

X2 about the staffies! Sounds like you had a helluva time there & raised money for an often underfunded/accepted cause. WTG!
90% of the time it isn't a mean dog, it's the owners or previous owners that have made that dog that way.
I've had rottweilers (obviously) for a long time & a lot of people are chit scared of them. Don't be, but respect the dog & what they're capable of & for what reason. Don't think you're going to walk into my house or hop my fence & not leave some sort of DNA behind. On the other hand if I'm home & invite you in, you'll have a huge suck of a rotti thinking he's a lap dog, wanting pets & to play. Just don't **** him off or hurt the cat (that's his buddy).

Last edited by Rottidog; 07-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

soooo...ok i dont really know..what this is...are you all mascots?...lol like..what do you do at your convention thingy lol im confused ..its cool and funny (in a good humor kinda way not making fun of you) but like...idk haha im just confused and never heard of this untill your tread about your trip to Pittsburgh (i think lol) awhile ago
btw thats AWSOME you guys raised abucha money for charity

Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

in a way we are all mascots. It's more just for fun, and to raise money for charity. I had someone ask me if we made money doing this, and no we don't. We all do this out of our own pockets. All the characters you see at a furry convention are all made by that person. The three that I have I made up myself. I've been doing this for three years now and I wouldn't have it any other way!