Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Bravada Smart Trac question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
fargoben67 is on a distinguished road
Default Bravada Smart Trac question

hey guys! i just joined this forum and you guys have a wealth of info here! i did a little searching and couldnt quite find what i was lookin for. so hopefully someone can help me.

i just aquired a 2001 Bravada with smart trac. platinum edition. pretty nice truck! it is 100% stock except for the custom dent in the fender i did a little light off roading and mudding with it trying to get to one of my fishing holes on the river. it was then i decided i didnt like the smart trac. it worked alright but i dont like computers telling my vehicle what to do. i dont like traction control or stability control or anything like that. i want it to do what i say. so that got me thinking...

i know that blazers have an electric switch on the dash with 3 buttons. 2wd, 4hi and 4lo. that same place on the dash in my bravada has a smart trac logo. so im sure its just a filler plate. has anyone swapped the smart trac set up in favor of an electric switch thats in the blazer?? or has anyone heard of someone doing this?

im just wondering if its possible or if the electrical aspect would be overwhelming. any input would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road

It's not just the switch. The entire system (and I think the Tcase) are different.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monkeyman
It's not just the switch. The entire system (and I think the Tcase) are different.
Exactly. There is a LOT more to it than just the switch. The front axle, the transfer case, wiring, and TCCM are all different.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:40 PM
fargoben67 is on a distinguished road

well isnt that a pisser???

after i posted that question i did even more research and i think you guys are correct, its a lot more then a switch! guess im stuck with it! thanks

Old 11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
redblzr4x4 is on a distinguished road

if it looks as nice as you say it does, im sure some poor sapp somewhere can be suckerd into swapping his blazer