Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Any gun nuts here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Beginning Member
rush1329 is an unknown quantity at this point

i've just got my 21st bday present-browning buckmark udx plus and i literally just got back from the shop and bought a remington 700 vtr in .308... my uncle has well over 400 firearms though and i'm probably gonna be buying a few from him real soon

Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Don't have any pics, but have shot countless guns.
We own a couple 12 gauge shotguns. One's a double barrel. A .22 bolt action rifle, a .22 handgun, 9mm Beretta, Taurus? .38 special, and a couple BB guns lol.
I've shot all of them and have also shot a Glock .40, a Remington .357, and a Taurus .45 ACP. Probably some others I don't remember. Gotta love guns.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

My brother owns A LOT (+25) of guns but still only uses a few. Same with my dad(+25). I only own a 10/22, a ruger 44 mag rifle, a 25-06 and a single shot 20 gauge.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

mdehoogh, How do you like your lcp? I owned one for about a year and I loved it for the size for cc but it drove me nuts at the range. I had a hard time seeing the sights well and it gives annoying vibrations off the trigger. I replaced it not too long ago with a S&W 642 with lg's. The lcp is a pretty little gun for the money though.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brianator99
mdehoogh, How do you like your lcp? I owned one for about a year and I loved it for the size for cc but it drove me nuts at the range. I had a hard time seeing the sights well and it gives annoying vibrations off the trigger. I replaced it not too long ago with a S&W 642 with lg's. The lcp is a pretty little gun for the money though.
I've only had it about two weeks and only shot about 70rds through it but it seems pretty nice. The only thing I really don't like is the trigger clicks twice to reset. Nearly every other gun I've shot, you can pull the trigger again as soon as it hits the reset point rather than let the trigger move all the way forward. Initially, I thought it might be a problem since I've trained with all my other guns to stop at the reset but after firing it a few times, it didn't seem to be a problem

You're right about the sights... they aren't very usable but for a gun and holster that's barely larger than the size of my wallet or phone, I'll live with it.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah I loved that des santis pocket holster. Overall a great gun for the price.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:02 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Well Im in canada so its a little harder to own stuff like that here. Nice guns.

Was out camping this summer, and met some other folks in the middle of nowhere that invited me and my date over for deer steak and some shooting and beers one night. We went to their campsite, had dinner, then the fun began. The dude brought out an AK47 and we got to blast a hundred or so rounds through it, full auto. Was a fun time. My date had never fired a gun, and I figured first firing an AK would be pretty memorable for her. We also did at least 1000 rounds out of the guys mini-AK... It was a .22, but looked just like the full size AK.

Ive also tried an Uzi, and a MAC10. Both fired 9MM. I also tried a MAC-something that fired .45 and that was an awesome machine pistol!!!

There might or might not be a virgin sawed off hidden close by in case someone were to kick in my door one night. No photos are going to happen.

My favorite handgun to try at the range is .40cal. Perfect power to kick ratio, and would drop some fools real quick.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I believe the MAC-10 shoots a .45 round.

The first gun I am buying is the Glock .40.
My favorite gun so far, too.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
TylerCiervo is on a distinguished road

I'm getting my first gun soon.. Mossberg 500 Persuader.

Right now I have a lot of knives and cool things like that [: Haha

Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

The_Beast, How do you like that 10/22? I've been thinking about a 22lr rifle or pistol (or both ) for cheap plinking fun. Love my .40 to death but 500 rounds for around $12 might be more fun sometimes then 50 rounds for $12-18ish.

Went to a gun show at a armory nearby. Picked up a couple things and wished I could buy more. Got a Houge universal grip for the hi point ($10). A military ammo box(10). 50 round box of 180 grain JHP and 155 grain FMJ($15 for the fmj, $16 for the JHP.) Then stopped in walmart and gander mt. on the way home and picked up some eye protection for the range and a $10 hardcase for the .40... and another box of ammo. 165 grain 100 ct. winchester white box at wally world. What gets me is that the 100 ct winchester is only like $15 in some states, but here it is $30... oh well still a decent deal.

That was about it, lol. Found out about the show the nite before and didn't have much $$$. Had some beautiful guns there. One guy had a mini ak-47 in the box with 2 50 round magazines for $399! I started to buy it, but my truck needs fixin soon and it's more important to me. Plus it would have only left $50 to last me till next pay day and I'd end up spending that 50 on ammo, LOL.

Seeing some great guns in this thread! Makes me wish I had more moolah to have some more/better shooters. Glad I'm not the only one with a hi point also .

Quick Reply: Any gun nuts here?