The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Hardcore? Nope, casual is a better description. I go with no intention on catching anything specific and generally catch about nothing. It's like wide awake nap time and letting the mind wander off (more than normal) to me. If I want to keep myself active I run 2 rods, 1 sitting with live bait and one I switch through lures with.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

fishing is fun i cant wait for summer to roll around and the waters to warm up more so we dont have to use the down riggers as much

Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 AM
2003LS is on a distinguished road

Im a Steelhead / Salmon / Sturgeon / Walleye & Bass fisher. My father was a guide for 15 years and has retired but I grew up fishing and go every chance I get. Its mostly Steelhead now. I live in Vancouver on the Columbia river with all of its wonderfull tributaries.

Rip some lip

Jay

Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Smile Used to be hard core

I would fish out in any type of weather didnt matter how cold how hard the rain or snow I was here on our big river.I like to fish for salmon (may largest 32lb) Steelhead (My alrgest 15lbs) Browns my largest 13lbs) walleyes burbot,yellow perch.
When I lived in the south 35lb + stripers and hybrids was where all the action was.Silver bass,largemouths,small mouths,rainbows,brookies,browns you name them I caught them.
Now its work work work and more work on hobiies like my xs400 and the Jimmy thats A WHOLE ANOTHER STORY.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
cat fish is where its at. 50 pounders.. win.
i wish, i never caught any big cats, they just arent around here or i just dont know how to fish for them, ocassionally ill get like 5-6 lb'ers but thats about it.

Originally Posted by chris015
lol shut up. Either way. i like to fish

I actually did alot of carp fishing last summer at a local paylake. Did pretty good. Biggest was 17lb. Mostly 10lbers. cant wait to hook up a 35er
theres a dock i fish at where 20+ lb carp are the normal but the downfall is that its a dock, bastards always run under it and snap the line, last year i put 40lb test on my real and even then still lost a few, with that heave of line i can usually drag them out but not always

Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abig84
i wish, i never caught any big cats, they just arent around here or i just dont know how to fish for them, ocassionally ill get like 5-6 lb'ers but thats about it.

theres a dock i fish at where 20+ lb carp are the normal but the downfall is that its a dock, bastards always run under it and snap the line, last year i put 40lb test on my real and even then still lost a few, with that heave of line i can usually drag them out but not always
I have caught the 50lbers out of the Minnesota/Mississippi river. Channel cats.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
Simnut is on a distinguished road

I live in an awesome place to be a fisherman!!! Vancouver Island. I am five minutes away from 3 great lakes for trout and bass, and summertime provides me some great fishing out on the ocean.....10 minutes away! I usually go fishing for ling and salmon out on the salt chuck. I actually bought my Blazer JUST for fishing.....so I can get my boat into some beautiful out of the way lakes that we have here. Of course, fishing here is almost a year around activity, which I love to do! My wife doesn't ask me IF I'm going fishing...she usually asks me WHERE I going fishing.......bless her heart!

Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

If you guys ever seen those shows on TV about noodling down south,well I have done it.Never got any big cats that way probaly some 20lbers.I fished with juglines and caught some 50lb plus flatheads though.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Simnut
I live in an awesome place to be a fisherman!!! Vancouver Island. I am five minutes away from 3 great lakes for trout and bass, and summertime provides me some great fishing out on the ocean.....10 minutes away! I usually go fishing for ling and salmon out on the salt chuck. I actually bought my Blazer JUST for fishing.....so I can get my boat into some beautiful out of the way lakes that we have here. Of course, fishing here is almost a year around activity, which I love to do! My wife doesn't ask me IF I'm going fishing...she usually asks me WHERE I going fishing.......bless her heart!
I haven't been fishing for a long long time. Been wanting to do some similar things as you. So I just recently got myself a boat to hopefully go out and have some fun. 16' alum starcraft with a 90hp honda 4 stroke. Mostly wanted it for lake use, but might see some mild ocean going.

edit: wtf photobucket thumbnail links?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?-th_picture615_zps8f17993b.jpg   Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?-th_picture617_zps2011647a.jpg  

Last edited by Blazin_Jason; 05-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
If you guys ever seen those shows on TV about noodling down south,well I have done it.Never got any big cats that way probaly some 20lbers.I fished with juglines and caught some 50lb plus flatheads though.
thats something ill never do. having seen some of the monster snapping turtles and alligator garr in some of these lakes, no thanks.

speaking of which my parents have a cottage on a small lake, not crazy small maybe 2 miles across but ive seen alligator garr in the channel i just havent caught any, any ideas?

never really tried for them but have used minnows and worms both on bottom and bobber and havent got any just largemouth. even the carp are hard to catch in that lake, again have seen them just havent got any. i think its just a way overfished lake

Quick Reply: Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?