The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Trouble posting pics? There's a link in my sig for that...

Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by litterbug
rc car action is where my love first started. the very first actual car i had was an old tamiya grasshopper from the 70s. crazy little thing but then i upgraded to a t-maxx 2.5 at the time. but after the old engine got worn out i upgraded to the 3.3. havent used it in a while though. its sitting above my tv on some speakers. the clutch bell housing has its teeth all stripped off after i put a steel spur gear in there.
thats what i did with my t-maxx. i got it about 9 years ago. the 2.5 wore out and ran kinda crappy, which they designed it like that so you would have to replace the piston and the piston sleeve about every 4-6 gallons of nitro. so i got the 3.3 and that thing is built well! i took it out a few weeks ago after about 2 years of sitting and it fired right up, still had a perfect tune and was a wheelie popping machine.

My 3.3 Jato is intimidating tho lol when it gets to second gear doing 60 i start seeing dollar signs because it doesnt like to stop very fast with only rear brakes. havent broke anything yet tho. Now my xxx-t gets abused haha i've broke a few suspension arms and bent plenty of axles driving that, even cracked the whole frame piece after someone sent it off a jump without realizing the landing was flat that was spendy

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 09-22-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I can't fly my helicopter either. It's hard and expensive to learn to fly one without a teacher.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
car action magazine is where i got all my info from, its been almost a year sense i read one of those so i dont know what the latest and greatest is. but if you are good at fixing them i would get a kit car and put it all together yourself. not only are they cheaper but if something breaks you know exactly how it comes apart and goes back together. As far as a brand, anything from Traxxas is good, lol i like to think of them as the Chevy of R/C cars
Cool, thanks for the advice! My buddy has a Traxxas 4x4 3.3 I think it is. It has the electric start where mine has a pull. If I dont go electric, I'm def gonna get one that I dont have to pull.

Originally Posted by litterbug
rc car action is where my love first started. the very first actual car i had was an old tamiya grasshopper from the 70s. crazy little thing but then i upgraded to a t-maxx 2.5 at the time. but after the old engine got worn out i upgraded to the 3.3. havent used it in a while though. its sitting above my tv on some speakers. the clutch bell housing has its teeth all stripped off after i put a steel spur gear in there.

i also have a mini-t. and a night ranger helicopter that i cant fly worth ****. crash it every time and every time its at least 100 bucks to fix so it just sits up on my shelf.

oh and one last thing is my dads old rc boat. he built it himself but never got it to run. its nitro and everything and he built it when he was my age. crazy.
Man, I wouldnt stand a chance with a heli.. I would destroy that thing within 30 seconds haha.
Do you ever think about trying to run that boat in the water and see how she does?

Originally Posted by oktain
Trouble posting pics? There's a link in my sig for that...
Perfect! thanks for pointing it out, I'm new here

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 09-23-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: testing out a picture
Old 09-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Beginning Member
JennaBear is on a distinguished road

We hav ea few in the garage, sadly have not been touched for a few years.

TMaxx
Savage
and 2 RS4 Evos

Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

I raced 2wd electric and gas stadium trucks in high school. Had a rustler with all the mods from ultimatetraxxas.com and ran a AE rc10gt. Recently got back into it with a redcat 1/10th scale crawler. But I am also starting a scale build with leaf springs and 3speed trans. Check out rccrawler.com there are some really sick scale truck builds. Some you wouldnt know the difference in looking at pics.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by racer1044
I raced 2wd electric and gas stadium trucks in high school. Had a rustler with all the mods from ultimatetraxxas.com and ran a AE rc10gt. Recently got back into it with a redcat 1/10th scale crawler. But I am also starting a scale build with leaf springs and 3speed trans. Check out rccrawler.com there are some really sick scale truck builds. Some you wouldnt know the difference in looking at pics.
Nice! a scale build with leaf springs and a 3 speed.. you should definitely post a few pictures of that.
I'll check out rccrawler.. when you raced did you find the electric to be easier to deal with?

Old 09-24-2011, 03:09 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

I lost track of how much money and how many I have own and still own, the latest I bought is Axial SCX 10 Honcho. It is a lot of fun. But now with a baby and work don't get much time to play with them.
Jorge

Old 09-24-2011, 06:20 PM

Yeah, work pretty much sucks on many levels, gotta do it though. One of my buds has the Axial XR10 electric, I def like it.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

Yeah ill def post some pics of it. Still doing lots of research on parts and there is always new stuff coming out. As far as racing goes electric is way more easy to maintain. The initial cost is more expensive believe it or not. With good lipo batteries and a peak charger as well as a brushless setup depending on your local tracks rules. But you can def be competitive with a traxxas and race. You don't need to buy a expensive losi or AE.

Quick Reply: Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?