Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ATTENTION NJ DRIVERS, no more inspection...

Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Beginning Member
rush1329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ATTENTION NJ DRIVERS, no more inspection...

so apparently nj is getting rid of the mechanical inspection because only 6% of the people actually fail inspection and this includes the guys with brush guards. the emissions inspection is still going to happen but they will no longer check the brakes, suspension, etc. this is going to save about 113 million dollars a year and is supposed to begin as of july 1st... i think that this also means that the hi-rise inspection will be gone too! which is a definite plus... anyone hear of anything on this issue or know anything else?! or what are your opinions on the matter

Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you mean to tell me, that every time you have an etest done, they do what we call a "safety inspection" as well?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you mean to tell me, that every time you have an etest done, they do what we call a "safety inspection" as well?
And that's weird? We've always had them combined here in Texas ever since the emissions testing was created. I cannot justify the elimination of safety inspections under the guise of 'saving money'. Here the motorists pay for the inspection and a portion goes to the state.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:01 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rriddle3
And that's weird?
well......weird in the fact that we only need to have a vehicle inspected when it's transfered into your name. some insurance companies require that any vehicle that is more than 10 years old be re-inspected if you're the original owner, or have had the car for more than a few years. besides, how often do you guys do your etest?

while i agree that this is a good way to ensure the s**tboxes are kept off the road, it really seems like another tax on the motoring public.

now, in Quebec, the Police have the power to do a road side inspection on any vehicle that has visable rust or parts hanging from it. if any part of the vehicle "snags" the cotton gloves that the officer is wearing, they can have the vehicle towed & remove the plates until it passes inspection again.

while i wonder how enforced this is (i've seen my fair share of mobile hazzards while driving through Quebec), it would definately keep some of the crap off the roads in Ontario.

might even help make rush hour a little quicker.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rush1329
so apparently nj is getting rid of the mechanical inspection because only 6% of the people actually fail inspection and this includes the guys with brush guards. the emissions inspection is still going to happen but they will no longer check the brakes, suspension, etc. this is going to save about 113 million dollars a year and is supposed to begin as of july 1st... i think that this also means that the hi-rise inspection will be gone too! which is a definite plus... anyone hear of anything on this issue or know anything else?! or what are your opinions on the matter
I hope they get rid of the hi-rise inspection. My dad went to the DMV last weekend and all they did was a emission test. He was there for 2 minutes, they didn't check anything else on his van. What is cool about this new change is that if you purchase a brand new car, you dont have to take it for inspection for 6 years.