Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ATTN Pa guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 PM
talon2g is on a distinguished road
Default ATTN Pa guys

Ok, maybe you guys can help me with this. I've just recently (today actually) gotten my CDL-B permit for the second time in PA in the last few years. Now the reason why I let it expire was that I could not find any resource that was reasonable for me to rent a commercial vehicle (tri-axle or similar) for me to take the pre-trip and road test with. Now the catch 22 here is that most companies will not hire you without your CDL license, and most will not allow you to rent a vehicle from their fleet due to insurance reasons. Is ANYONE out there aware of a place that rents commercial vehicles (a bus would work too) for a reasonable price? I've seen some places that are charging $600+ for a 4-6 hour rental period, and that is an utterly insane price to pay for something i'd need for a max of 2-3 hours. Anyone out there have a bead on someplace I could rent something for this exam so I can get it out of the way? I would be able to furnish my own CDL licensed driver (class B driver for 10+ years) and would be able to pay for the rental (just not 600$ lol. that's a tad out of my price range at the moment). Anyone out there with a hook up?