Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Bills Bills and more Bills

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Post Bills Bills and more Bills

Well today i found a turnoff notice on the table for the electric . My mom lost her job after the economy went poof and my pops just got laid off.

Me im working 2 jobs and thinking of getting an other to catch up on these bills . My 1st job is a computer/networking technician Its not steady but its not an every day thing for 30 40 bucks an hour . 2nd job is driving a dump truck around catskills loading and unloading firewood and pellets for the winter. The job is great for 15 bucks an hour but yea im thinking of getting a 3rd .

have you guys been threw this situation ?

any ways sorry for the rant had to let it out somehow

Edit: Thread can be closed if needed guys i dont mind

Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Beginning Member
Chilimon is on a distinguished road

I haven't been through it but I feel for those going through it. Just don't stretch yourself too thin that you wear yourself down and get sick or hurt, then you might not be working at all.

Fortunately I'll soon be retiring (2-3 years) if the economy lets me, tried to get an early out but that flew out the window.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:34 AM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

about 5 years ago my ex-wife cleaned me out and left... I had 4k on credit cards, a car in both our names.. a house making a lousy 11/hr... store I was working at closed and had me driving 1-1/4 hrs one way to go to work at the next closest location 50hrs a week, (was either this or unemployment at 1/3 the pay)... Managed to make it work for 1.5 years until I decided I could no longer afford the home... Moved in with my new girlfriend who lived near my job and let the house fall, since then I switched jobs, had a child, and moved on, things will get better, even if you have to make hard decisions about it, I sold my Grand Prix that I owed 5k on to buy my blazer, borrowed the money from the GF, only owe her 1400 now... Then I'll be car payment free and credit card free... I'm still a bit worried the mortgage co will try to come after me for the deficency on the home, but they only have 1.5 years to do it... time will tell on that one...

Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Chilimon
I haven't been through it but I feel for those going through it. Just don't stretch yourself too thin that you wear yourself down and get sick or hurt, then you might not be working at all.

Fortunately I'll soon be retiring (2-3 years) if the economy lets me, tried to get an early out but that flew out the window.
I agree i shouldnt over do my self i guess i need to take it as it comes

Originally Posted by coolasice
about 5 years ago my ex-wife cleaned me out and left... I had 4k on credit cards, a car in both our names.. a house making a lousy 11/hr... store I was working at closed and had me driving 1-1/4 hrs one way to go to work at the next closest location 50hrs a week, (was either this or unemployment at 1/3 the pay)... Managed to make it work for 1.5 years until I decided I could no longer afford the home... Moved in with my new girlfriend who lived near my job and let the house fall, since then I switched jobs, had a child, and moved on, things will get better, even if you have to make hard decisions about it, I sold my Grand Prix that I owed 5k on to buy my blazer, borrowed the money from the GF, only owe her 1400 now... Then I'll be car payment free and credit card free... I'm still a bit worried the mortgage co will try to come after me for the deficency on the home, but they only have 1.5 years to do it... time will tell on that one...

that sucks man hope every thing turns out fine

Old 08-27-2011, 07:44 PM

so far so good, moving in with her has been awesome... just need to pay her back and hope they forgive the deficecit.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

That sucks man..

Seems like all the best people are getting the crap end of it all.

I hope it all turns around for you and your fam sooner than later.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:13 PM
BF Guru

Thanks for the thoughts brian

Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That really sucks, I'm hoping myself that the economy will eventually turn around because I'm currently stuck making terrible wages while attending school full time which kinda makes it hard financially. Hope everything works out for you seems like in this economy everyone is hurting.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 AM

It sucks to be those who are really getting hurt by the economy, I've seen so many businesses close around here, 3 major mills, two going through chapter 11, My father works at one of them, but he's at that age where he can take his retirement (he already started taking some of his pension so that he could lock it in without losing it...) ... then I see these people who don't do jack and have tons of money buying 60k vehicles, 200+k homes, 20k motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and its like WTF? And they're younger then me... I have to wonder if they actually live on the edge in debt, or if they really can afford it... Hope everything turns to the better for everyone

Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Beginning Member
Chilimon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by coolasice
so far so good, moving in with her has been awesome... just need to pay her back and hope they forgive the deficecit.
Don't quote me on this but I think once your home goes into foreclosure, thats it, they don't come back on you for anything. I wouldn't sit around and worry about it, just look forward to a better future which it sounds like you are on the right track.

Quick Reply: Bills Bills and more Bills