Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Blazer fine, need help with my Buick

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM
bizzs is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer fine, need help with my Buick

I have a 95 buick skylark and it had brake problems. The rear wheel cylinder was completely blown out and I replaced it, along with installing new rear brakes. Additionally, I replaced the front rotors, calibers and front brakes. The ABS light was on and I replaced both front sensors and the wiring harness looks good. I checked the wiring for continuity and all was fine. I bled the entire system too. I took the car out for a test ride and it seems to stop fine, but the emergency brake idiot light just came on. Both the ABS light and emergency brake light will not shut off. Any suggestion? This problem is really driving me crazy and I want ot make sure the car is safe to drive because my 16 year old daughter is driving it.

Thanks bizzs

Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 PM
NewbieT is on a distinguished road

When the abs light turns on that means the abs is in-op and the brakes are reverted to base braking, so really as long as the basic braking system is in good order then it's still safe to drive. Depending on the type of system it uses you could have a stuck solenoid or air in the EBCM. Make sure the toner ring for the WSS is completely clean and there's no broken teeth. You can have the code read at a parts store to get on the right track as well. GL!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Default Question

I am still working on my 95 buick skylark ABS problem and my scanner will not work. Its an OBD I and II actron 9145. Has anyone every seen the connector with only just 3 pins used? It looks something like this:

W W
X X X X X X?

X X X X X X
W

W=wire pin used

Is there a way to retrieve code from this type of connector?

Thanks Bizzs

Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 PM
NewbieT is on a distinguished road

You'd have to look up the procedure to retrieve blink codes. It could be the pressure differential switch as well.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM

I tried jumping those 3 pins in different sequences and it will not blink codes. I have an 86 corvette and the dlc connectors is the same as the buick, but it has more pin wires used. The buick only has 3 pins that are used. Does anyone know what or how I can jump these pin to get the codes to blink? The diagram that I depicted is in my 2nd post is exactly where the wires are connected into the dlc pins. Could it possible to ground a wire to the chasis and touch one of those pins to get the codes?

Thanks, bizzs

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

On OBD1 it should be to jump the top 2 left ones together for ABS codes with the key in the "on" position.

95 is OBD2 tho, and requires a scan tool to get codes. You cam get a decent scan tool that reads engine and abs for about 300bux from ebay, but I would pop into an autozone and get it read if you dont plan on using it alot. I bought my INNOVA OBD 1&2 tool for a few hundred, they also have one that reads ABS codes too

Last edited by ohsofly; 10-02-2012 at 03:35 PM.