Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Blazer's Down For the Count

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 12:27 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer's Down For the Count

****!
So I'm coming back from a dirt work site last week, and I noticed the smell of burning oil, a sudden drop in oil pressure, and grey smoke coming from the engine compartment. I look underneath, and notice immediately that the smoke is coming off of the exhaust.
I turn wrenches for a living, and yes, I know what it means.
Well, goodbye Blazer world....

Until I get this engine rebuilt.

I'm not having a ****ing car payment hanging over my head. I'll breathe life back into this one.
I'm thinking maybe marine engine heads, upgraded intake, exhaust, and injectors.. maybe even a turbo?
I've gotten the "do a 350 swap" lecture already... but if I put a bare bones 350 in it, I won't be satisfied with leaving it stock, then I'll have to swap the 4L60E out for either a 4L80E or 6L80E... I doll up the 4.3, I can still keep the 4L60E.
There'll be a thread for this.
In the meantime, my 87 Silverado is serving as my daily... it still has a lot of work to be done to it, but it's up and running, which is sort of the deciding factor.
That'll be its own project. Gotta replace that short throttle cable, get the vacuum on the carb tuned in right, and eventually that SM465 has got to go.
If that appears incoherent, I've been awake pretty much since 6 a.m. Thursday, because we had a crisis in our shop, and we'd have lost a major contract if we didn't get the **** up and running ASAP.
I want pancakes, but I'm too ****ing tired to drive.
I really want a burger, but IHOP and Village Inn are the only things open, and Village Inn's burgers are ****.
I'll probably regret making this post whenever it is I wake up. I'm not at my most coherent right now.