Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Boats & Watercraft

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Default Boats & Watercraft

OK, I did a search for any title with Boats in the thread title only in lounge & none came up so I think this is a 1st.
Seeing a few comments & interest about boats & watercraft in general I thought I'd start this thread.
I'd like to make it a thing but it isn't mandatory. Although personally I don't head out on the boat without a camera &/or video camera, I just see so many opportunities to take pics & vids.

My 1st boat was a 18' 1985 Regal Medallion open bow (bow rider) a friend & I bought & named it 'Inheritance' because we bought it from inheritance he got from his father & inheritance I got from my mother. Decent V6 3.8L GM/OMC inboard outboard that puts out 185HP & pushes the boat with 4 aboard at around 45mph in smooth comfort with the deep V bow. It was beaten up internally by the previous owners of the guy we got it from. Full of beer caps, chip bags, smoke butts, all the fiberglass had speaker size holes in it, seats needed attention but it started 1st crank with water muffs & priming the engine. So we got it for $1500 incl. a galvanized trailer that's probably worth a grand itself. It's been a great boat for cruising & just getting out on the water but not great for fishing.
Then I saw a 1990 Bayliner Cobra 18' bass boat for $6000 & it looked in really good shape, well taken care of. Bayliner pictures by Rottidog - Photobucket
Now this is sleek IMO! So much fun & versatile on the water for fishing. With the 120hp Force outboard it cruises at 45mph easily & the 4 blade, 19 degree propeller it gets up & goes fairly well too. The propeller is a Piranha Blade & I think they are awesome! A composite design as light as aluminum, almost as strong as stainless steel, about the price of a decent aluminum prop but the blades are replaceable. 10 mins & you can swap a broken blade or change the pitch to whatever you purchased. The blades are about $30 ea. & that's nothing in comparison to having a weekend shot due to a tree meeting prop! Propeller Repair, Outboard & Boat Propeller, Mercruiser Propeller, Piranha

Let's see other boats, pics, stories & discussions.