The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Canadian bulk calendar buy.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

We're getting off topic... lol.

Count me in for one if you're ordering them up.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazinloud
i drive a jimmy too!! in all honesty i like the headlights/grill better than the blazer.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
O yea me too lol. Love the hood better too. I like having a Jimmy cuz it makes me Canadian. The ZR2 Jimmy was only made for Canadians.
granted, i'll give ya that Brad. but the Chev grill & lights are nicer.

now.............if it was a late model 1st gen.......it be no contest-GMC, FTW!!!

so.......that's what....5....or 6? blazin, you down for one as well?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

I better start getting them ordered then. XD And get a one of those USPS-provided boxes.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I need a final price before I commit to one. I don't mind paying $20ish, but i'm not forking out $30+ for a calendar I'm not even in this year.

And 96-dirty, why the hell is shipping so much? Its more then the cost of the actual calendar lol. Have you looked at using those priority flat rate envelopes the USPS has?

EDIT: I just took a look through the calendar thread (since I was absent through everything that happened). Looks like it all got messed up again this year (mostly because of that company) and I see yet again there seems to be A LOT of people that sent in pics that were mysteriously left out because the emails "weren't received". Not impressed. Also, I see the request for pics was posted over on S10F too, which sucks cause it left a lot of people out from the forum here. Not to mention I'm pretty sure some of the pics were submitted by the same person (there was no clarification ever given). I do appreciate the time that the organizers have put into making the calendar, don't get me wrong...but I think if we're going to do it yearly it needs to be BF.com only, and needs to be clearly organized so that no one gets mysteriously left off again this year. It's happened 2 years in a row, and I see this year some people even got confirmation the pics were received, but then weren't in the calendar and were told "oh I never got your email" even though they got a reply back saying they did.
Overall I think the quality of pics in this years is 10 fold over last years. Definitely impressed with the submissions. My original comment still stands though. I'm not paying over $20, maybe $25...but that's pushing it.

Last edited by Sisk; 01-24-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I would like a final price before forking out the cash as well. I am in this calendar though (most likely the last year) and would really like one lol.

I agree the calendar should be BF.com ONLY but this isn't the thread to discuss this in.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I need a final price before I commit to one. I don't mind paying $20ish, but i'm not forking out $30+ for a calendar I'm not even in this year.

And 96-dirty, why the hell is shipping so much? Its more then the cost of the actual calendar lol. Have you looked at using those priority flat rate envelopes the USPS has?
That's actually what I've been looking at. x.x They're expensive as hell. But the cheapest around. The flat-rate padded envelope is $11.95 to Canada. Reason Chris started this thread to rally up everyone in Canada to bulk buy which has now turned into a package that costs [flat-rate] $27.95.

As for the final cost, we really have to wait until we know how many people residing in Canada is going to buy one. But I'll give an example.

If 5 people buy a calendar, the total price will be $127.95, that's $25.59 per calendar, plus the extra $1.50 Chris said it should cost for one person to ship to everyone up there will be a total of $27.09 per person. So, the more people we have buy, the lower the shipping will be per person. And so far, we're at 5 definite buyers.

Also, you mentioned the whole mishap with the e-mails and S10forum. I agree with you. But nothing we can really do about that now. Hopefully next year it'll be more organized. I think that the best action to take for next year is to start taking submissions in say August, have a poll in September to let everyone vote which ones should be in the calendar, than start the ordering process in October so people have calendars for Christmas.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by '96-Dirty4x4
That's actually what I've been looking at. x.x They're expensive as hell. But the cheapest around. The flat-rate padded envelope is $11.95 to Canada. Reason Chris started this thread to rally up everyone in Canada to bulk buy which has now turned into a package that costs [flat-rate] $27.95.

As for the final cost, we really have to wait until we know how many people residing in Canada is going to buy one. But I'll give an example.

If 5 people buy a calendar, the total price will be $127.95, that's $25.59 per calendar, plus the extra $1.50 Chris said it should cost for one person to ship to everyone up there will be a total of $27.09 per person. So, the more people we have buy, the lower the shipping will be per person. And so far, we're at 5 definite buyers.

Also, you mentioned the whole mishap with the e-mails and S10forum. I agree with you. But nothing we can really do about that now. Hopefully next year it'll be more organized. I think that the best action to take for next year is to start taking submissions in say August, have a poll in September to let everyone vote which ones should be in the calendar, than start the ordering process in October so people have calendars for Christmas.

This all sounds good to me.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
I agree the calendar should be BF.com ONLY but this isn't the thread to discuss this in.
Don't try and play mod on me Pat. LOL
I was just on a rant. I'm probably going to pass to be honest. I don't see myself buying one this year where I'm not in it.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran

Don't blame you... and I was deterring any further mention of what was wrong with this years calendar lol. I wasn't playing mod on a mod... that's not allowed IIRC

Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by '96-Dirty4x4
funny........i seem to remember saying that to Craig last year.

and i have to apoligize everyone........i dropped the ball today.

i never got a chance to hit the post office, as i had an emergency rad repair that broke my ***** today.

i'll hit up the post office in the morning, see what their charges would be for an envelope that size/weight.

now.......the big question..........

who is willing to take the reins on the order for the calendars?

normally i would offer to do it, but i got burned on last years calendar. (i still have 3 left).

anyone want to offer?

Quick Reply: Canadian bulk calendar buy.