Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Car wreck anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 PM
4.3vortec is on a distinguished road
Angry Car wreck anyone?

Ok, I'm gonna start by saying that this truck was my pride and joy... It's a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ fully loaded. I was driving home from a friends house, and I see a little Nissan Maxima go flying through the light at the same time as me, of course, I lock up my tires, but I still hit him. And I hit him HARD!! I was going 60-70 when I locked up my tires. The trailblazer as it sits, I don't know if its totaled or not. I hope its not because this truck is my pride and joy like I said. Its been in the family sense it was on the GM show room floor. It didn't bend the core support, all it really needs to be a drive able truck again is the fender, A-arm, bumper and the grill. Luckily, the air bags didn't go off. well, here's the picture of the truck, I couldnt get one of the Maxima. :/
[IMG][/IMG]
This truck had no rust, no dents (that is after I fixed a few shopping cart dents), or any problems.... wanna take a vote if its totaled or not?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

regretfully i bet it's totaled

Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by odat
regretfully i bet it's totaled
I hope not There is just something about this truck that no other trailblazer/blazer has. It's just hard for me to explain. My insurance company "should" be calling/emailing me tomorrow to tell me whats going on with it, and I guess ill go from there....

Old 08-19-2014, 12:03 AM
odat is on a distinguished road

i understand - the same with me and my dads old 1983 k20 6.2 diesel 209000 miles - anywho if the frame isn't bent and if they total it you can always buy it back usually for minum cost and repair it yourself

Old 08-19-2014, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by odat
i understand - the same with me and my dads old 1983 k20 6.2 diesel 209000 miles - anywho if the frame isn't bent and if they total it you can always buy it back usually for minum cost and repair it yourself
Well, I jus got the phone call, and they said there gonna fix it!! they said since it only has 130k on it and It had no problems. you have no clue how happy I am to hear its gonna be fixed! They said its gonna be about 4 days before I get it back.
ironically They gave me a trailblazer to drive till I get mine back.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

luckily you're ok! thats the most important part. but thats good about your truck being fixable. id feel the same way if something happened to mine, which might explain why i keep dumping money into it haha

Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by er0ck273
luckily you're ok! thats the most important part. but thats good about your truck being fixable. id feel the same way if something happened to mine, which might explain why i keep dumping money into it haha
haha I'm the same with my only blazer, but the tow truck came and picked her up, and I swear that I had a tear rolling down my face. haha.
But, I'm fine. Other then the normal little pain from a hard hit. (back pain, head shoulder pain, ect.)

Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

I would say they would total it in Beverly Hills cause the adjusters here write a higher labor rate. When you get it back DONT SIGN THAT ITS OK. Drive it a couple of days and let some frends look under it for unfixed stuff. Repeat dont sign that its OK because all they want to do is make it look OK. Do you under stand that insurance co are not your friend.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by LeWhite
I would say they would total it in Beverly Hills cause the adjusters here write a higher labor rate. When you get it back DONT SIGN THAT ITS OK. Drive it a couple of days and let some frends look under it for unfixed stuff. Repeat dont sign that its OK because all they want to do is make it look OK. Do you under stand that insurance co are not your friend.
I got it back today, and well, it pulled when I break. So, I droped it back off at the place where they fixed it. They said that's normal, I told them Bullshi*t and they need to fix it. So, after me and them arguing with them for a good hour, they told me they will not fix it. I called my insurance and got the Ok to take it to my family's shop and I had my grandpa fix it for me, It needed the spring/strut, Break caliper, rotor, break line, the hub, control arm, ball joints, and the tie-rod end replaced. I got the parts from the GM Stealer-ship in town and holy crap, talk about shocking. The parts alone cost more then the truck did when I bought it. It came out to close to $2,000 for the parts. I told the GM place to bill the insurance company, because there is no way in hell I'm paying for it. I'm switching insurance company's now because they told me my monthly payment is gonna go up since I wanted repair coverage to. But, I thought that's what full coverage is. Anyways, at the end of the day, its running and driving again. Drives straight, stop's better then it ever has, and best yet, I got a 100% new front end on it (the other side was done before I bought it.) Now, It's time for the lift kit, and better tires!