The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

CARFAX Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
Well, it was hard to see today as I didn't have my flashlight along, and it was under a car rack, that had a car on it, so it was kinda dark. It has been sitting there for 3 months and the battery was dead, so no interior lights. I did not notice any issues inside, and it has the light grey interior. I will check it out closer tomorrow. They said they would get it out and running in the morning. The auction is at 9:00am. I would think that a 1 year old Mercedes that had the same original owner till 2007 would of been repaired correctly. If it was botched, you would of thought the original owner would of traded it for another... but who knows. And whats up with the freaky keys they use?
i'd think the same thing brent. you've never seen those keys??? there awesome you put them in and turn it twice then the car takes over, it starts itself

Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

So have you driven them? I have not, but have heard good things. The key looked like an alarm fob... and there is only one of course. I imagine a replacement is well over hundred dollars.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

So have you driven them? I have not, but have heard good things. The key looked like an alarm fob... and there is only one of course. I imagine a replacement is well over hundred dollars.

yeah i have. it was a diesel i think a 300lr or something like that. it was my boss's car and we had to drive it to commute between 2 stores. those keys are crazy expensive. but im pretty sure they have a feature so the doors will not look if they are anywhere in the vehicle. when i first drove the one at work i thought it had an exhaust leak (didn't know it was a diesel) sucker had some speed for a diesel and rode smoother than anything i've ever drove. mercedes makes a great car but you defintly pay for it in the price tag.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Nice Car. With the submersion, as Spectre said, they fixed the car, and replaced the wiring. Not to mention, this happened in '04, and seems to have been very well taken care of.
I haven't driven a Merc yet, but they are a nice place to sit in, lol.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:35 PM

Well, wish me luck. I wonder why anyone would leave it there. You don't walk away from a car worth $13,000 cause the tranny failed. They authorized the transmission replacement then declined to pay for the work done. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

Well, wish me luck. I wonder why anyone would leave it there. You don't walk away from a car worth $13,000 cause the tranny failed. They authorized the transmission replacement then declined to pay for the work done. Doesn't make much sense to me.

you still keeping the blazer?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 PM

depends on how much I can pick it up for. I may flip it, or if I like it, I may keep it. The Blazer may be sent down the line. Not sure yet.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 PM
c0a8l0v6i8n9 is an unknown quantity at this point

You da man! Thank you so much for the report... the members here are by far some of the best internet buddies you could ask for! Let me know if ya need something for it.

So it has been submerged... in water??? Damn... looks like all is well since it happened when it was 1 year old. Seems to be OK since then. An awful lot of random wire replacements over the years. I heard these had some known electrical issues, so I don't know if that is a water damage issue. Is the police report clickable? The links don't work on the PDF.
Again, thank you! I think I will go back down there in the morning and see if anyone else shows up to buy it. Check out the dubs! LOL
Your welcome! I got a guy who does it for me, and I cant get the links in the PDF

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
hey while were on the carfax topic. i had a car when i was 16 that i though was in a wreck. for old times sake do you think you could run one for 1G3NF52EOYC395317

*Brent if everything checks out and you can get a reasonable deal for it i think it would be allright since alot of the wiring was redone. all depends on how much damage was done. you notice any water damage on the carpet?
Give me a little bit ill get it ran for you.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 PM

I guess my next big question is what if there is a lien on it, and it appears by the report that there is. Will the lien carry over to me? This will be garageman's lien papers at the time of sale. Anyone ever buy like this?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Well, I just wasted a 1/2 hour of my life. I go to the garage for the auction, and I am the only one there! I look at the car, run it, try all the electric do-dads, and the garage owner comes out to say he called the guy who does the paper work, and he tells him the owner of the car has contacted him. WTF! Now the garage owner wants to give the car owner 24 hours more, cause he is worried about getting sued. Damn it! I almost had it for $4500!
Skuse me... I gotta go kick some cats or something...

Quick Reply: CARFAX Anyone?