Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Cash for Clunkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Cash for Clunkers

Is anyone gonna take advantage of this government funded program that just got extended by another 2 billion (once it passes the senate)?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I have a perfectly good running 1992 2wd Suburban that I may "do in" but not completely sure yet... wouldn't mind a new 4x4 Tahoe or Suburban.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Funny Story...

As I am still searching for a blazer... I call a local car dealership that has one listed on their website... it would be illegal to sell it because it was a clunker trade in... but they have it for sale listed on their website with a note saying call for price. After 3 calls, they removed the listing...

Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i went to cars.gov just for ***** and giggles and my 02 blazer with a little over 57,000mi qualifies as a clunker

Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If your vehicle is paid for, it will take a looong time for any savings from increased mpg to make up for the payments on a new car.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

Our 01 Blazer passes as being a clunker and we have talked about trading it in but, seeing how fast the 1st billion went by the time we can and are ready to do it, the next 2 billion will have been spent as well, so it looks like we will be keeping the Blazer. thats a hardship I can live with

Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT DO IT!!!!!
this program is going to hurt alot of businesses, EVERY car traded in has to have the engine blown up and then crushed. NO REMOVAL OF ANY PARTS!!! thats the problem. this is going to kill the used auto part market. AND the crate motor market. Many of these clunkers have small block chevy, ford and dodge engine that could be used as blocks for rebuilt and crate motors.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

so my 93 which gets 18.4 combined gas mileage is ineligible, because it gets .4 over the 18 or less criterion?!?!?!?!?! this sounds like a giant scam to me

Old 08-03-2009, 05:33 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The car can be sold for parts, but the engine is destroyed and the drivetrain can not be sold. So the body and interior parts can be sold but the most lucrative part of the car the engine and drivetrain can not. The car does not have to be crushed.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

I dont understand this program what does it do exactly for the person wanted to do this?

Quick Reply: Cash for Clunkers