Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Cash for Clunkers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
I know this program is over and all. But I went to the local parts yard on Monday and they picked up a ton of cash for clunkers trade ins. The engines were painted orange which meant you couldnt take anything off it. Everything else was fair game. Sad to say but there were tons of blazers/jimmys and even a few bravada's which I never can find. Most were untouched and in great condition. So if anyone needs anything let me know.
hey i was wonderu=ing if you could get me the blowers speed switch off a 95-98, also a set a tails? thanks kane

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I saw lots of blazers out here in Boise, Id as well. Good thing is that I was finally able to get the rear window with the defrost and wiper. I still think the whole program was a total sham.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigkhans
I saw lots of blazers out here in Boise, Id as well. Good thing is that I was finally able to get the rear window with the defrost and wiper. I still think the whole program was a total sham.
Yea I agree. They have a super clean 99 blazer there with 62,000 miles on it, that was traded in under the program. Really sucks.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't read past my previous post on this, but the only thing that the damn Cash for Clunkers REALLY did was make spare parts for s10s more expensive. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTr6hKnh8u4

Last edited by amazinnblazin; 09-19-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

Wow... This almost made me shed a tear Probably over 15,000 4WD Blazers alone, not counting any 2WD or Jimmys/Bravadas... This is sickening.

http://www.cars.gov/files/official-i...n-vehicles.pdf

There was even an 1997 Aston Martin. This goes to show that the general American population is dumb.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

I drove into one of my local dealers only to see good cars wasted. 3-4 1980's C/K 10's (would have been killer project trucks) 3-4 2nd gen blazers, 2 1st gen S10 blazers, a few ford explorers and alot of 1990's full size chevy trucks

they weren't all in the best of the condition but with a little TLC they could have been good first cars for first time drivers

It's was quite sad

Old 09-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

I was working a short gig as a salesman at that time and someone brought in a mint 92 Caprice. Now, I know this is a Blazer forum, but my other vehicle is a mint 94 Caprice Classic LS. I'm very much impartial to these cars. My Jimmy is my daily driver so my Caprice can sit in the garage and not see snow, rain, or high miles (it's currently sitting at 41300). I almost got fired (I quit later that week) for trying to talk them out of trading it in for the cash for clunkers. It ended up being traded despite my best efforts and it inevitably went on to be crushed.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ejschultz
I was working a short gig as a salesman at that time and someone brought in a mint 92 Caprice. Now, I know this is a Blazer forum, but my other vehicle is a mint 94 Caprice Classic LS. I'm very much impartial to these cars. My Jimmy is my daily driver so my Caprice can sit in the garage and not see snow, rain, or high miles (it's currently sitting at 41300). I almost got fired (I quit later that week) for trying to talk them out of trading it in for the cash for clunkers. It ended up being traded despite my best efforts and it inevitably went on to be crushed.

Those are nice cars too. My buddy just inherited 2 caprice classics, but the older ones. One is a 1987, and the other is a 1978. The 78 only has 9x,xxx miles and has a 350.

The 87 was supposed to be mine. A couple years ago, he asked me if I wanted a car, and of course, I said yeah. Well, the deal was almost done, when I get a phone call. The jist of it was "hey, my grampa just wrecked the 87. He jumped a curb, got hit, spun around, and got hit again, and finally rested against a tree." This was in the 87, with a 4.3 and i think ~7x,xxx miles. The thing even SMELLED like new. Now THAT car would have been great for C4C lol. It took 2 crowbars, and 2 guys to PRY the passenger door from UNDER the back door lol. Oh man it was totalled

Totally useless post, but I haven't had my coffee yet

Old 09-24-2009, 11:43 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

this program was designed to try to run the big 3 out of business since the japanese and europeans somehow manage to get way better fuel economy than the americans, basically the program should have been called "Cash for late model american cars" if you look closely at the guidelines only 3 or 4 non amrican cars qualified while nearly every model of the big 3 qualified.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ejschultz
Wow... This almost made me shed a tear Probably over 15,000 4WD Blazers alone, not counting any 2WD or Jimmys/Bravadas... This is sickening.

http://www.cars.gov/files/official-i...n-vehicles.pdf

There was even an 1997 Aston Martin. This goes to show that the general American population is dumb.

someone clunked a Buick GNX as well