The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

CCW

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CCW

and if you have a weapon, and on the off chance it is taken from you and used against someone else.
can you live with yourself thinking... "Why did I even have it?"

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i do understand the responsibility of carrying a conceled weapon. but as riddle stated it is better to have it and never have to use it, then to not have it at all.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

It's sad to see that American soiciety has got to the point that everyone needs to walk around with a gun.
That's one of the reasons we left South Africa. (It's even worse there now).

Old 01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Two quotes that I like:
'Better to have a gun and never need it, than to need it and not have it.'
'You may go your entire life and never need a gun, but if the occasiondoes happenyou will need it very, very badly.'
That said, as others have stated, getting and using a carry permit is not to be done lightly or just because you can. Keep in mind that it also lets the State know that you have a gun. Think about it.
Icompletely agree with this, and it is better to have a registered gun than an unregistered (Illegal)one,incase youhave to use it.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: kiwiblazer

It's sad to see that American soiciety has got to the point that everyone needs to walk around with a gun.
That's one of the reasons we left South Africa. (It's even worse there now).
Now, Ken, that's just a stereotypical thought. Very few Americans 'walk around with a gun'. Don't be fooled by what you see in movies or so-called 'news' reports. IIRC, your Aussie neighbors have raised quite a ruckusevery timetheir government has proposed a new gun control law. Look into the facts of a highly controlled country like the UK and see how the violent crime rate has risen by armed criminals against the law abiding unarmed folks. A few years ago when Texas adopted a concealed carry law, the anti-gunners were predicting blood in the streets and the end of civilization. After a couple of years, the facts were that violent crime, (especially in the crimes against people category)had taken a serious drop and you suddenly heard no more from them.
I am not advocating that everybody carry or even own a gun, but it is the last line of personal defense. As the writer Robert A. Heinlein said, 'An armed society is a polite society.' There's a lot of truthful philosophy in that statement.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point

there are differences in UK countries[OZ,NZ,GB,CANADA]thanAMERICA as far as guns go..we like to work less,ride motorcycles, drink beer,do sports etc..AMERICANS love working long hours,money and guns and are more paranoid[due to newscasts showing shootings daily]and are brain-washed to believe its their GOD given right to bear arms-the THOUGHT of crimes or shootings actually CREATES these happenings due to how the UNIVERSE gives you what you THINK...... so AMERICANS CHILL out- sell your guns, buy some BEER,get a bike and your life will be sooo much better !!![8D]

Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That would imply that the only things guns are used for is to commit crimes or to prohibit said crimes... Myself, I own a few guns and have access to a lot more, but all of them are long guns. I target shoot and hunt, that is it.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Wow! Hope I'm not upsetting anyone.

Yea I know that the movies make the US look like the most dangerous place around(particularly with the TV shows like COPS etc which I guess is the accumalation of footage taken over many years & places). DON"T get me wrong, I DO NOT deny the right to own a gun, rifle etc. & would certainly not vote in favour of any ban on them. My son-in-law has around 4 or 5 rifles in his gun safe & goes hunting etc. I had my fill of weapony when I was in the army (many,many moons ago) I simply don't have an interest.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

I Carry a gun because carrying a cop around is just silly.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Anyone that will tell you that time does not stand still, has never had an intruder in their home.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: zokalr13

there are differences in UK countries[OZ,NZ,GB,CANADA]thanAMERICA as far as guns go..we like to work less,ride motorcycles, drink beer,do sports etc..AMERICANS love working long hours,money and guns and are more paranoid[due to newscasts showing shootings daily]and are brain-washed to believe its their GOD given right to bear arms-the THOUGHT of crimes or shootings actually CREATES these happenings due to how the UNIVERSE gives you what you THINK...... so AMERICANS CHILL out- sell your guns, buy some BEER,get a bike and your life will be sooo much better !!![8D]
That's pretty sad that you feel that way about "Americans" [sm=americanasmiley.gif], Long Hours (F@#*% NO) [sm=smiley35.gif], Money (yes) [sm=guilty.gif], Guns (Hell Yeah) [sm=shootshoot.gif], but why stop there if your going to be stereotypical you forgot to add DRUGS. All though I do like guns and are in favor of having them, I don't own one. I would like to purchase a Desert Eagle [sm=violent053.gif], but Ca. law won't allow it. [&o]