Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Whats your didn't see this coming story?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats your didn't see this coming story?

You guys will love this. I been 4 wheelin since I was about 14 I grew up on a farm so you can drive without a license. My worst was probably the funniest according to my friends. This has been the only time I got stuck (no alcohol was envolved just a stupid buddy who said he could spot me. We were on a trail and basically the short of it is I was going around a corner also on a hill and at an angle and I started to slide he told me to brake and turn to the left or to the other side of the trail and then he said if you give it gas it will pull you back over and you'll be fine. Ha! when I did my truck slid down the hill sideways (thank god it was wet and slick or I think it would have rolled) then after sliding a ways and coming to a stop I found myself wedged between two trees (literally a 2" inch gap between both bumpers and both trees)unable to back up (At first I was mad what was I thinking, I should have known better and then I laughed one in a million shot I got stuck like this). My friend ended up running to his house and he brought back his dad and a chainsaw to cut down the tree in front of me.I got right back on the trail and finished out the day having a great time. Needless to say I screen all my potientialspotters now.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Whats your didn't see this coming story?

hmmm where to start...the kayak as a sled story...the snomobile truck story...the stupid tree...um...getting stuck in 2" of a mud hole....I have thousands more really...my favorite one would have to be in high school...well an after the game party...(grew up in a small town with lots and lots of farms to party at) anyways...I actualy had nothing to drink that night...I was backing out of their 1/4 mile twisty driveway....turned wrong....and backed on top of a wood pile...my little cavalier was on about a 45 degree angle...(no idea how it didn't roll)..well of course no one was of age to be doing anything at that party...so everyone was freaking out...so...about 15 people gathered around my 87 cavalier...picked it up...and moved it about 5 feet over and off the wood pile....yeah....one of my many adventure stories..

Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

about 15 people gathered around my 87 cavalier
I had an '89 cavalier. My best bud just traded in, well they gave him 50 bucks for it, his '90 cavalier for a 2000 impala.

Well, mine doen't involve my car but the company delivery van. I took out a grocery delivery on a cold winter day about 8 years ago. I drove to this old lady's house about 20 minutes away from the store. I pulled into her driveway and drove down to the back of her house. I brought her groceries to her door and brought them inside her house. I proceeded to turn around and go back up her driveway. Now her driveway was kind of a L shape only the short part of the L went towards the road. I got up some speed cause it was winter and her driveway was slippery. I got to the bend and made the turn going towards the street. I went up the little incline and got to the top just before the pavement and hit a small patch of ice and slid back down and into the snow. Now this was a chevy astro van with nothing in the back to give it some weight. I had to go and call the store and they called AAA and the wrecker had to come out along with the police and the y had to block traffic in one lane (this was a bust route) and attach a winch to the front bumper and pull me out of the snow. man was I embarrased when I got back to work. My boss didn't let me drive the van for a while after that. Plus, the van was RR which didn't help matters.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine would have to be many years ago when I worked for Airborne Express. I delivered to the rural areas around our city (and being in the MidWest, I mean farms, etc.). This would have been around early November, very late afternoon (it was just sunset). I was out in the middle of nowhere looking for an address, came around a blind curve on a gravel road and directly in front of me was a buck and two does. I slammed on the brakes, gravel and dust flying, and just sat there. The three of them didn't move for a minute, and then they slowly started to walk towards my van. It was almost as if they looked, sawme behind the wheel and decided it was safe...They got right up to the front of the van, stood there for a moment then simultaneously dove off into the bushes on one side. The sight of the three of them in the setting sun was amazing, and I just sat there for a minute wishing they would come back. I drove back to the station feeling very fortunate to have had that experience. Kinda sappy I know, but hey, I am female!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
toyfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well... back in the day 15+ years ago. i had aquired my older bros 1982 fire chicken.. well..every once in a while the city would purge the fire hydrants ( pop the cap and let it spray for a while.) anyhoo i was driving one evening and saw an opportunity for a free rinse as my car was a tad bit dirty... soo i drove past one and failed to realize that i had the passanger side window half way down.... uhh i guess that wasnt too bright.. those hydrants really put out the pressure, i got blasted in the face and totally drenched the interior. i guess i was really luck that it didnt shatter the glass.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 PM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm this was a few yrs ago bout 5, I had a 87 Tempo sport it was like 12 at Night after work it was clear that night til i dropped down a bit on the road all of sudden im in a deep fog bank and in that fog bank stood a Doe! i seen her at last second n slammed on my brakes stalled the car since it was a stick didnt even tried to push clutch down..all i knew was i didnt wanna hit her...she stood there as i restarted my car she looked at me n it looked like she shook her head at me like...(like to say u crazy human driver) then she took a step or 2 and went springing into the woods..I drove off wondering about that one for a bit....lol