Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Chat

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road
Default Chat

Ive seen forum site before such as thumpertalk that have a chat. All online members can talk to each via instant message in a chat room. Is there anyway one could be integrated on this forum? I feel like a lot of members would like that!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea it would be nice =P and it already has been asked

Kyle was working on this but has not gotten any responses from IB I guess

Old 05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
yea it would be nice =P and it already has been asked

Kyle was working on this but has not gotten any responses from IB I guess
Best to leave the accurate response to those with the experience.

We did have chat and it was abused and therefore nixed.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The FB page linked to by Gi0 is the "official" Internet Brands created FB page. Same thing with the BlazerForum twitter account (which tweets every new thread posted on the site). I was just waiting to hear back from IB about the origin of what already exists before posting.

Also, on the chat front, I have brought that up a few times and IB will be looking into it in the 1st quarter 2012.
Originally Posted by atvwarrior
swartlkk have you heard anything about the chat , no pressure but it would be a great addition to the forum .
took me a while to remember where the thread was

https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge...e-65958/page3/

Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Again, the issues we experienced with chat in the past need to be addressed before it can return. While Kyle may have inquired about it, chat will still require more than what the forum can provide to bring it back.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
BF Guru

YUP I didnt say it was going to happen tho =)

Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

on any of the other boards I'm on (for other stuff in the driveway and past stainers) chats never seem to last but what seems easier to moderate and have good completly random b.s. was dedicated threads just to that in the off topic area. my .02 at least (plus it's easier to pick up where you left off in a conversation with someone as you can just backtrack a post and quote it)

Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Well.. you guys have fun. I've run a site with chat and the only times chat really was worthwhile was during 'events' .. actually games cuz it was a soccer site.
It might be fun during races, Nationwide Sprint cup, drags, etc... Any other time.. blehchhhh. Unless there's wimmin, but that's beside the point for me.