Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dad's new toy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Dad's new toy.

as the title suggests.......................................... ............

so................as you've probably figured out by now, my Dad (and his wife) got a new toy. bought it on Sunday, picked it up tonight.

2010 GT, Grabber Blue, 5.0L, 5 spd (6 spd came out in the 11's), 4.11's, 18's, panoramic roof, all the bells & whistles. for only $37K, on the road (said list was $44,900 on it). and goes like stink!!!

since they were on their way home from the dealership (which is just West of me), i was the first one to drive it after them.

i've always liked the latest body style of the 'Stang. and let me say, after taking it for a conservative rip-it only has 1048 kms on it-without hitting the 6500 redline (shifting @ 5200) i was doing 125 kph in 3rd @ 4000 rpm!

good thing that GT comes with nice big rotors.

as i pulled back up infront of my house, i was reminded why i drive the Blazer as a DD-by my wife's look ()...........i guess i had a little smile goin' on.

my son sure liked the test drive. now he says i have to get the Shelby GT500 real soon. like that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 06-23-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: corrected engine size.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha. Thats a nice whip! My dad and I were at Barrie Ford for some maintenance on his truck and were walking through all the GT's GT500's and Shelbys. Oh God they are nice! I'm not a Ford fan to say the least, but they do grab attention!

I bet your dad is a happy guy now!

Oh and I LOVE that color on any car! Even that Blazer that had the pre-runner bar on here for a bit.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Nice car!
He should have bought a 5.0, though. 420 hp, baby!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
Nice car!
He should have bought a 5.0, though. 420 hp, baby!
well, i was wrong-it is the 5.0L in it. (OP fixed now)

no wonder it seemed to haul ***!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

POS plain and simple.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
POS plain and simple.
huh?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Good thing he got the mustang... now he wont attract the women (atleast good for his wife)... LOL....

Personally, the Camaro > Challenger > Mustang.... but... If they were to offer a package that was like the 429 boss... I would be on board getting one, but these mustangs arent my cup of tea.... Plus LS>Hemi>Ford pOS.... lol...

To each his own, I will *sadly* say that it looks damn sexy in that blue though...

Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
well, i was wrong-it is the 5.0L in it. (OP fixed now)

no wonder it seemed to haul ***!

woo! Lucky him! I love that blue. He'll love it.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 PM
BF Guru

^^^ they do.

and so do i!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Nice ride, trade you my blazer for it :P

Quick Reply: Dad's new toy.