Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dad's new toy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Very nice...........I like the color too.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

looks like it was a busy night here.................

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
Ford's are junk. Always have been, always will be. Albeit Every hot-shot kid and guy with a midlife crisis buys a mustang, it still doesn't make them any better.

< Die-hard Ford hater.
first off, to the other members criticizing CNY, remember, he is entitled to his opinion. (j/k'ing)

but i disagree with your statement about them always having been junk. my Dad has owned both Ford & Chevy/GMC trucks over the years, and all of them have been great.

using your ideology, the same could be said about GM, if you take the Vega/monza into acount. but those fall into the Pinto catagory too.

personally, i just don't like Ford trucks (the new ones, especially the Raptor's), 'cause they're just ugly out-of-the-box, IMO.

my personal philosophy has always been.......if it looks good, sounds good, & goes fast, i like it. i don't care if it's a Ford, Chevy/GMC, Dodge, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Toyota/Lexus, BMW.................you get the point?

but i do luv my Chevy's!

Originally Posted by okvortec
That's your opinion.

I'd take a Mustang over a Camaro anyday.

Nice Mustang, absolutely love the blue!!
absolutely!

and the colour is even better when there aren't any other ones around!

Originally Posted by Dabber
I think i would get in some serious trouble if I kept one for any length of time
you have noooooo idea how hard it was not to lay a little beat down on it. had to keep looking @ the odometer to remind myself she's still tight & new.

i'm pretty sure my Dad knew i was itching to rip on it, 'cause he just smiled each time i opened it up a bit.

Originally Posted by shligger
Out of all the new muscle car reissues, I like the Challenger the most, the Ford second and the Camaro last. The Camaro just looks weird to me with no looks taken from the old models.
you nailed the order perfectly brother. of course that would have to be a SRT8 Challenger!

personally, i think the biggest issue with the new Camaro's design, is it looks like they let the boys @ Cadillac division design the damn car!

in case it wasn't obvious............i absolutely hate the Cadillac division styling since they came out with the 2001 Escalade, and everything else has followed since.

thanks for the compiments on his new ride, he's definately impressed (as was i) with how nicely everything is fit & finished.

i actually feel like i have more room in his 'Stang (for my legs anyways) than i do in my current Blazer. @ least my right leg wasn't resting on the edge of the center console in his 'Stang.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:53 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

The Blazer's foot room, while adequate, is not as expansive as one would think. The transfer case takes up a lot of room as well as the center console. It feels much more likea sedan than a pickup when you sit (granted, that all changes when you start moving).

Old 06-25-2010, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Your dad's one lucky kid :P that thing is beast

Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
Yes... but the GM HD's were available with 8.1L engines until recently I believe...

that was in '07 Pat.

Originally Posted by shligger
The Blazer's foot room, while adequate, is not as expansive as one would think. The transfer case takes up a lot of room as well as the center console. It feels much more likea sedan than a pickup when you sit (granted, that all changes when you start moving).

ummmm..............the t-case has nothing to do with the console, let alone the floor pan of the trucks. 2WD/4WD trucks share the same pans.

personally, i feel it's just a s**ty design of a console. it seems like they just made it to fit short little old ladies................which is funny, 'cause that's what owned mine!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

The new mustangs are nice...would rather have a '60s model, though. But, even then, I would NEVER pay for a Ford. Had a Ford for 12hrs once and it left me on the side of the road. That's what I get for letting a Ford-guy work on my Camaro.

Even with all the stats, and all the extra stuff these new Mustangs come with, I wouldn't even trade in my Blazer for one.

And, yeah, the Blue is AWESOME!! lol Perhaps the only thing I like on it. But, that's my opinion after all. You're dad and his wife are lucky. That is a pretty sexy ride.