Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dang rock auto...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default Dang rock auto...

.. they sent me a bad fuel pressure regulator! Of course, there's no way of knowing until you pull the plenum, and get it all back together. Then trying to figure out why it will barely idle with you feathering the throttle.

Then, while trying to put the old one that kinda works back in, you drop it down the open intake runners!! Luckily, the fpr is too wide to really get too far down, and I was able to fish it out with my magnet on a stick tool. But it did make for one heart stopping moment!

Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM
HotRodHearseGuy is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your case of luck. I've found that sometimes although Rock Auto is less expensive, its better to get the part locally so in case it is a bad unit, you can take it back and get a replacement quicker.

I'm getting ready to place a rather large order with them myself, but am also buying some of the needed parts for my LS V8 swap locally at AutoZone in Bridgeport or Decatur (Texas), this way if the part fails later on, I can get it replaced the same day it fails and not have to wait 3-4 days (or more) for the replacement.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:07 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Its not rock auto that is at fault, sometimes parts are bad. it happens.

but dang that sucks.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Yep,cant blame rock auto. Blame the cheap manufacturers that makes the product.

Rockauto is the ****. Ive been ordering alot lately from them. Yet to have a problem. I just wished they would have photos of everything. but you can do but so much with 50,billion parts.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I betcha now you take the 30 seconds to jam ***** of paper towels into the intake runners while you are in there dont ya?

Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I don't blame rock auto. I've ordered tons of stuff through them over the years, and only had one other problem, which they sent me a paid shipping label, and refunded my money without a hassle. I'll still continue to do business with them.

ohsofly- I probably will, for the next time or two, anyway. I'm pretty lazy and complacent, lol. The only way for me to really learn is to have to pull the head off!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I betcha now you take the 30 seconds to jam ***** of paper towels into the intake runners while you are in there dont ya?
I actually keep old worn socks around for stuffing in intake runners and other such small jobs. It's really handy.