Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Do you have Gran Turismo 5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:03 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oktain
I've heard that driving wise Forza owns GT5 for realism... a friend of mine enjoys skidding along walls at 200mph down the nurburgring. Forza, you clip a wall something is going to happen if you didn't hit it at the right angle.

I've also heard in general from alot of people that Sony dropped the ball on making "The best racing game ever", because out of the 1000 cars, only a select few are "premium" cars... meaning you can't do any visual upgrading, no in car camera (if that matters to you), and other little issues on anything that isn't premium...

While I'm sure it's a great game, I think it didn't meet the expectations that were hyped up about it.
When the game was released the damage part of the game was disabled. They just released an update yesterday that fixes that for online play and practice mode (GT mode coming soon). As for the lack of "premium cars" those are being addressed as well but slowly over time. (gotta figure thats alot of cars to try and get ahold of and accurately create interiors for). Kotaku covers everything that changed.

http://kotaku.com/5715403/gran-turis...a-hefty-update
http://kotaku.com/5713668/gran-turis...premium-models

Oh, and yes I have GT5 and I love it. Favorite car so far is the Ferrari 458 italia. Jeremy Clarkson wasn't kidding when he said that car was perfect.

Last edited by RCars2; 12-21-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

In the 5 years it took to make the game... wouldn't it had made sense to fix all of that before lol? Now they just have a tarnished reputation from the get go and it's viewed as "Oh, we f'd up and now we're fixing it"... instead of "We've pushed the release back again to fix a few final bugs"...

I'm just tired of comapnies doing this... my 2003 Arctic Cat snowmobile I had bought new needed about 15-20 "updates" to do to fix little issues just in the first winter I owned it...

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
Ive played forza and gt5 and forza doesnt have a physics engine like gt5. Gt5 is the closet you can get to driving the real thing. If u set up an lsd up wrong on gt5 you're going to be spinning. Gt5 puts the most concentration on the driving aspect not so much damage and car detail. I would agree forza has the most complete look in it but the driving isnt neae as realistic as it is in gt5
How long did you play Forza? It took me a better part of the afternoon just to get my LSD setup properly on my Ferrari California with the 599GTB V12 in it (711hp with bolt ons) and it's still sketchy as **** through all 6 gears.

Last edited by oktain; 12-21-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Phatso is on a distinguished road

I have played both games and to me it all boils down to what ever you like. To me Forza 3 "feels" better than GT5. Some things Forza 3 does better, some things GT5 does better. Forza 3 has more complete cars, the 200 or so "premium" cars GT5 has, kill anything in Forza visually. Would I buy a PS3 just for GT5, only if I didn't already have a 360 and like Forza 3 so much. Overall though I don't believe GT5 lives up to its hype after all of these years and all the push backs.